Monday, August 10, 2009

Yo, Yo from Brooklyn!‏

Mon 8/10/09 2:14 PM

So, Thank you very much for the emails. Thanks for the update on Sara Scott and Jen! Thank you bishop for the email as well, its good to hear about the support coming my way.

Thank you mom for your letters; they made me happy and laugh. That’s great you are loosing inches! When I get back you will be all fit and sexy! lol. I am actually 115 now. so my drivers license isn't lying anymore.

I have been praying for everyone back home in all my prayers, even Ditto. That’s sad he is slowing down. I think he just needs someone to play with him! :) so maybe Kitty should. Ha ha. That’s so cool to hear that she watched harry potter with you! that made me happy.

Thanks fro keeping my blog updated. That’s sweet my Cds are doing well. I'm glad kids love them; that was my goal. Its so cool to have that feeling that what you are doing actually matters, and that its making peoples lives more fun, and effecting them.

The last week has felt like a month easy, if not a year. (chuckle....) The pad here is disgusting. I have been cleaning (cleaning has never made me happy until now) Just for all those families back in Utah who think their house is gross and dirty and for Dad, you have not seen Brooklyn! GROSS. there is trash every where... and not just like food wrappers but stuff you wouldn't expect, bras, whole boxes of doughnuts, dead animals, feathers, dog crap, urine, pogo sticks, car parts, broken bottles..... the list goes on. The funny thing about My area (Bushwick) is that one part will be ghettotastic like my street, and a few streets over will be really nice fairly clean apartments.... weird.

So, its really funny.... this area, the people, everything. Everyone is so different. Sometimes Its hard to believe that people are different in Utah, but in New York, you can be certain that everyone is completely different in likes and religion; with one exception, everyone here is a bad driver and most people are inconsiderate.

I have heard a car alarm go off everyday from someone driving by with their stereo so loud you feel it in your chest when its up the street. I have heard someone yell at someone else everyday. I have seen someone pee, spit, or toss something in the street everyday. I have seen mean and inconsiderate things. But God has blessed me with an unusual love for these thugs.

Don't get me wrong, there are wonderful, select and elect individuals here! there truly are. Miraculously I have met and taught some of them, and miraculously we have 8 investigators (despite the fact my comp and I were blinded in) Please pray for these people.

There are great loving families here. We met one last night. you could just tell. and the dad was showing the picture of Jesus we gave him to the baby. he he. I want to be a good dad one day.

So, I need a few things. I was hoping (you don't need to send it right away) that you could send me my hoodie that zips up and is gray. the one Kitty gave me for Christmas. Also, baby wipes (if you don't send them I will figure it out). And I used my face cloth to clean a mirror and it got stained and so maybe I can use that as a rag if you send me a new face cloth.

So my plan is to send you pictures every now and then that I write on the back of. But I have two 2 gig sim cards and an extra small one, so I'm going to send those to Kitty to put on my lap top, and then you guys can see them all on the laptop and print the ones you want. then you can send me my sim card.

Now, you said you wrote me a letter on Sunday, and I'm sure kitty has written me too.... but I haven't gotten any yet. So...... part of the problem is it takes a few days to get to the mission home and then and extra day to get to my pad. and the weekend just happened and no one is at the mission headquarters on Saturday so.... If you sent anything I should get it tomorrow. I will let you know the day my letters arrive, so that you can know how long things take to get to me.
Send all my mail letters and packages to the mission headquarters address.

I love, love, love you all! but I g2g... even though I didn't tell you any stories... :( sorry.... neither did I finish my list of things I need I don't think.... sorry. :(

I forgot my planner which had all my notes of what to write in it. Its hard to remember everything I want to tell you folks!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment