Monday, August 24, 2009

Why the HECK did you do ThHAT

August 17, 2009

So what I said last week about mailing things to me... yeah, just sent everything to the Elmhusrt address, it takes a day longer to get to me, but it will be worth it cause then you all can just memorize that one and never have to worry about where you sent my letter.
We were talking to this lady a couple days ago and she had a lot of really good knowledge and just needed to understand that the Book of Mormon is true.... however there seemed to me to be this contentious feeling, so I stopped the conversation and gave her a pass along card and said nice to talk to you see you later. We walked away and when we were far enough away the lady couldn't hear I was going to say "sorry I just felt like she wasn't elect yet" or something like that, thinking he would say yeah that’s cool or yah I agree. Instead he said "WHY THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT!" and so I said it felt kind of like the feeling of a bible bash. And he said "you don't even know what a bible bash is! You’re just a greenie!" then he didn't talk to me the whole way home. He kept making frustrated noises and clenching his fists and then spreading his hands wide in frustration, then walking really fast. I said to him waiting for the train "I didn't see anything wrong with what I did, but obviously there was, but how will I know if you don't tell me?" He basically just told me that she was a perfect contact and that I screwed it up. Then he said "I don't even care" and "it doesn't matter". Then he acted like nothing was wrong.

There have been lots of things like that. I just feel like he doesn't like me sometimes. So we talked about it in companionship study. After we talked about it things were much better and we got along better. But he said something that seemed really funny to me; funny in a queer way not a ha-ha way. He told me that not once have I said something positive to him when he has asked me how a lesson went, and that I am always criticizing him and focusing on the negative things.

I have never considered myself a negative person. But I guess I am. So I am going to try harder to look on the bright side. Also I think the reason I was saying things like that to him was because there were/are lots of things I wish we could do better on. ‘Cause my lessons with Elder Wright were like amazing in the MTC, we got along so well. I mean Elder Orr is my trainer, so I guess I was expecting it to be even better. Anyway, I am learning a lot from him, and he is the reason for like 95% of our contacts. We actually get along a little better than I think I make it sound.

Thank you for your letter mom. It was really nice. I'm glad you are going to send me a paper version. :)

Thank you everyone for your letters they mean so much to me.

People have funny reactions sometimes to my smiling at them.

I saw a 4 year old being ordered by his mom to pee (with his naked body showing) on the bus stop; that was the weirdest thing ever! "GET AGAINST THE WALL" and also telling the older sister to help him....

Elder black, a Spanish elder in my pad, told me that kitty is really pretty! Ha-ha. I was all like "I know!" :)

Its really funny how older people like in their 50's and even some people who are like dads age, go around dressed like gangsters, with bling and flat brim ball caps and baggy pants around their butt. There are some really cool styles here; but there are a lot!!!!! of really ugly cloths here too. Ha-ha.

I cut my comps hair. I accidentally took a chunk out behind his ear. Ha-ha. you cant really tell though, don't tell him--Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

There are a ton of babies and kids here, and a ton of moms. I haven't really seen any dads.

I know you just sent me a package mom... :( but I'm thinking It would be nice to have one more short sleeve shirt, no emergency though.

We lost one of our best investigators (a couple), because they talked to their Pentecostal bishop about it... and he told them that they absolutely must not even speak to us any more. That was lame, and sucked. but we have at least planted a seed in them.

I think I have done really well with my money, ‘cause I still have like $80 left for this month, and I don't even really need to get more food; cool huh!? :)

Today is p day, and I don't want to play foot ball and that kind of lame stuff... so we made an exchange to day! I am with elder black! we are going to go eat someplace and try to find a music store that will let us play their guitars! WooooT ha-ha-ha. rock on! It’s gonna hurt ‘cause I think I have already lost my calluses.

Anyway... I can't remember what else I wanted to talk about so... I love you all; and some of you I love even more! He-he. :)

-Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment