Sunday, August 9, 2009

Arrived Safe and Sound in New York

8-3-09

Dear Mom & Dad,

I arrived safely. I'm writing this from the mission President's home. We just got here. I just finished eating. It was pretty good, chicken, rolls, salad, corn, and a potato type casserole. New York is not what I expected; there are way more trees than I expected. The mission president told me not to get used to it, cause I got assigned to Brooklyn. :)

He told me my trainer is a great missionary. When we landed we were half an hour early, but the plane just drove around for like an hour before we docked. Its really humid here,. But the weather is nice right now. It smells really good. I kinda feel like I'm where I am supposed to be. The Elders here all seem really laid back. I am happy and I feel good.

I find out who my trainer is tomorrow. Tonight we sleep here with all the other new missionaries. Then at 1:00 pm tomorrow we have the meeting to get our trainers.

I really don't know what else to say...

I love you!

I wish I was a better musciaion. There is an elder here playing a piano really well.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment