Monday, June 6, 2011

Blossoms and Buzz Cuts

The weather this week was Bi-polar. We experienced all sorts of weather: Rain, Cold, Hot, Humid, Breezy, Fog, Mist, Sun Shine, Dark Clouds. Yesterday we had all those things. It was cool when we woke up Easter Sunday to see dense fog that slowly turned into a clear sky with sun within an hour or two. It was hot and humid enough after church that we had to take off our jackets. Later it was a down-pour; I had the wipers wiping at top speed and still had minimal visibility.

Anyway, I’m sure none of you care much about the weather. Let’s get to the weightier matters.

I'm getting transferred. This means I’ll have one more area before I return to the land of my inheritance in a big metal bird named Delta. I have 12 weeks left and was not interviewed for leadership or training so that means I’ll be learning a new area as a regular missionary out on the Island not in the City. It is still likely that I will end with my last 6 weeks training. We will see how it all unfolds. My guesses are that I am not going far, chances are I’ll be with an Alpiner. We shall see.

Jenny and Sister Catron didn't make it to church. Sis Catron is sick :( and jenny was with the rest of the family at her grandmas for Easter.

I needed a haircut. I described my haircut frustrations to Axel (a 19 year old in the branch who is pretty cool, very nice, and stylish) he told me that he understood and knew what haircut i was seeking and that he could to it for me. Well to make a long story short I climbed through some windows and got clippers and went to Axel and the clippers were broken and Axel was nervous and lost his confidence and well... what I ended up with wasn't missionary appropriate... so... we took it all off. Axel used a 1. My hair is really short now. LOL. Axel felt super bad. I told him to forget about it cause it was just gonna grow back. lol. I look really different. LOL. its really short. It’s really nice though in terms of not needing any styling and it dries really fast and its supper fuzzy like a teddy bear! Ha-ha. Woot! :) I’m just trying to walk confidently and not let the "hair wear me" even though there’s not much hair up there to be... well, you understand! I'll send a picture maybe. Ha-ha. It gave me the idea to go 0 when I get home instead of the original plan to grow out my hair. Ha-ha. I’m sure that’s a relief for some of you and devastation for others. I do what I want! LOL.

Tito is the bomb! He is getting a calling soon and he is now wearing a white shirt and tie to church! He looks really good in it. He is progressing and learning well. He knows the doctrines so well and he is so honest and tries so hard and asks the most sincere questions! his prayers sound like any LDS youth's might too. :) I love him. He was the only one who showed he sincerely would miss me. I told him that we would see each other again and if not we would meet in the millennium. He smiled pretty big and said he was excited for that day. I told him that I’d see him there. Also, we had a great hug; I felt real love in it.

The branch is both improving greatly and digressing simultaneously. The good news is our coordinator bro Mills is doing a great job and getting the branch council pumped up. There are plans to involve the Hollister family the branch and fellowship them. I'm excited; they will be a great asset to our branch.

Anyway I’ll tell you next week who my new companion is and where my new area is. :)
until then, farewell.
--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment