Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 2 of Transfer 16

Well, we had a better week numbers wise than last week; even though Tuesday night I got really bad allergies that turned into a cold that kept me in on Wednesday. The weather is starting to get pretty nice, which is good.

On Thursday we planned and met with Darcy (our young man friend who has been investigating for about 2 years but never baptized) and had a good lesson with him he said something funny, he referred to the second ordinance of the gospel as "receiving the Holy Gift from the Ghost". so we have been saying it like that ever since and it cracks us up. :) Ha-ha. That day we also met with Raymond who is a super nice wealthy older gentleman who loves the missionaries and was baptized 30 yrs ago but only because he knew the method of baptism was correct. He attends a Presbyterian congregation but will be leaving soon because of drama concerning the church (the church is having lawsuits about changing the church constitution to allow homosexual marriages to occur). We told him if he had a testimony of the Book of Mormon than his decision to come to church and officially be a member would be natural. Great guy, I hope he converts for real this time. :)

On Friday we had CDM and I gave a workshop on inviting people to be baptized and following up. It went pretty well and the missionaries seemed to enjoy it, when people laugh and also get personal insights I know I did well. Also on Friday we met with a great member bro Daley who is a part member family. We had a good talk with him and he gave me great advice about going home and staying active and avoiding temptation and what to do when I get married. Ha-ha. He’s a great Jamaican guy. We also helped a part member family clean out their attic. That was great cause I felt like the "pigmy-plumber/electrician" again. Mom and dad will know what I mean. Also they seemed to be friendlier afterward, so here is proof again that service is a great way to prove you mean well and just want to help.

Well it was great calling home. But for some reason this time it just wasn't the same as it usually is. Partly I think it was cause Mom Dad and I were all low on energy due to colds. Ha-ha. The other part is cause there wasn't as much to talk about as usual. But I’m just glad i got to hear your voices. I love you!

That’s all I got.

Attached is snort-porth

-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment