Monday, June 6, 2011

Irony

Well, one of you must have prayed that I would be humbled. If you did, it worked, are you happy? Last week I used many strong phrases. Like one of my companions once told me, "you are all bark and no bite". We had basically all 0's this week. On top of that I’ve had some experiences that reminded me just where i really am on the path to perfection.

It’s kinda weird how the more you know the more you realize you don't know anything. To me that applies in a major way to Christ and his atonement. I try to learn it and use it, it works sometimes and that grows my testimony, but then I get to a point where i realize i don't really know or understand it at all. Christ is unsearchable. I can't pretend to know anything. Really on my own I’m pretty worthless (this isn't a self beat down, don't worry) because God grants unto each of us all that we posses. He gives us our very breath. So when you are doing something against God’s will, you are doing it with the power he granted you. When you do something in line with his will you are doing it by the abilities and power He gave you. Glory to God. Do everything you do for the Glory of God to the best of your ability and even then as the Book of Mormon says we would still be unprofitable servants. However the Grace available to us because of the atonement will help us to learn and grow and fulfill the requirements for heaven. I'm so imperfect. I'm a sinner too. I know though that when I trust in the lord and accept his Grace I will be able to accomplish his will. That will make me happier than accomplishing any other thing. Gods plan for us provides an endless happiness and joy here on earth. Satan likes to please us temporarily to get us hooked and to get us to think that his way will bring us happiness, but it won’t. like alma 30 says he does not protect his children but doth speedily drag them down to Hell.

Thank you for all of your support and trust and love. Have a great week!

I hope Dad and Risa had happy birthdays!

Love,

-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

1 comment:

  1. I would like to invite you to read a special gift from the wilderness Rev 12:6...Not one child of God will be put in a hell fire no matter what their sins. It never entered the heart or mind of God to ever do such a thing and I prove it by the word of God at http://minigoodtale.wordpress.com. The true Gospel (Gospel means Good Tale) now delivered Rev 12:5, 13 sets all free as a witness.

    ReplyDelete