Monday, June 6, 2011

Babylon

Well my new assignment is to be with elder Gibbs from alpine Utah. I am his step pops and we are serving in Bayshore (which is on the south shore of Long Island right under my last area [Huntington]). A sisters’ pool recently closed down so we are working both the sisters area and the elders area. Anyway, Babylon is a city here in our ward boundaries; so that's pretty cool that I get to work in Babylon for my last area before coming back to Zion. Ha-ha.

Anyway, yes it’s a ward but it’s actually smaller than Huntington. There is a lot less unity and a lot more frustration within the ward. I found out real quick that each member of the ward council feels like they are spinning their wheels and hitting their heads against the wall while they are at it. Fortunately the young men a growing and doing quite well!

I don't have a lot of time this week, cause we get less time at the library here in Bayshore. Only 15 min left.

Anyway we have amazing recent convert young men; I’ll tell you more about them later. Also a ton of less actives a high amount being "do not contact" it’s really sad. It’s maybe worse than Huntington. :S

We have a lot of potential. Also it helps we have two areas to work. The son of a member family we spent a lot of time with this week actually brought 2 of his friends to church yesterday (who told him that they like us, so that was cool) and one has a lot of questions. Also 2 youth permigators came; so that will be awesome if we can get things going with them.

I've been trying really hard to apply all the lessons I've learned and ideas that have worked in the past to this my final area. Some of them kinda back fired in some ways but also have helped a lot. This week was one of the saddest numbers weeks I've had, but Gibbs and i have had good unity from the start, so that helps a lot. We wish to have our optimism and excitement and unity to rub off on the ward. Mostly I believe a lot of what will help them is a perspective change. So we are working on a plan to change the paradigm of a whole ward body. Ha-ha. Wish us luck!

Things are good don't worry about me. But I would appreciate prayers to help me stay focused and work hard until the end. It’s kinda hard not to think about how close the end is, sometimes that motivates me, other times it doesn't. I'll be honest. Ha-ha.

I love you! Thanks for your love and support, I'm sure it’s helped in ways i won't understand until the next life!

-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment