Monday, June 6, 2011

Paint New York

Unfortunately complacency becoming a remedy for failure is like today's medical world overriding natural selection. We'd be better off with a little pain to prevent generations of problems. However, if asthma killed my forefathers then I never would have experienced what it is like to not be able breath when all the flowers decided to procreate. I'm not sure what eternal lesson I've learned from all my problems but I'm sure I'll understand when the veil is removed. Here in Bayshore English we have had a very consistent low. I feel like I've just rewound my life to the beginning of Huntington. I guess president thinks I can turn Bayshore around like Elder Mitchell and I turned around Huntington. The problem is I have 6 weeks less here than I did there. :S ruts are hard to recover. I've got to do it though or I'll feel average and unsuccessful.

We had another week of around 6 lessons. When I started the mission in Bushwick with a dying pops and a dry teaching pool we taught around 20 lessons a week! Here we actually have a pool. We have tons of names to look up, yet consistent low numbers. "But elder Morris" I hear you say, "Don't you know that numbers aren't what measure success?. I say to thee, "Quiet You! Know you not that these things are of great importance? Why else would we have them? The numbers reflect people and are Key indicators. The Key indicators are a way for us to meter where we fall concerning our purpose.

My purpose is to invite people to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost! If I'm not teaching lessons or talking to people I'm doing that only by my example (I am effecting people by simply being in the area dressed the way I am). That's not good enough for me, because that's the job of our members. I'll get the chance to be a good example the rest of my life as a regular member.

Right now however I've got about 50 something days (my comp told me) until I go home. I am not going to go home diminishing and saying to myself "oh, well, it was a hard area". This is not my purpose and the lord did not train me in that way. So Take that! Amen and Amen! Halle-fricken-lujah!

ahhhh 40 seconds left!!!! email more later!~!!!!! ahalhl;kashd;flhasdl;
I got the last two min of my companions email time so i get to sign of now.
This week we painted a Spanish members house, hence my subject. It took a long time, but we were able to talk to her son who isn't a member and also her friend. So that was great.

We also met with Jorge (George) and had an awesome discussion. It was way too long, it burned us all out. But we needed to be there for him, cause he has no one else he can discuss this stuff with. He knows we care.

-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment