Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 6 of transfer 16

Good news everyone! We had two investigators at church this week! The first one was Jean, who I believe I have told you about. If not, she is the girl friend of one of our members and she is really a wonderful girl. She is honest and has a real good understanding of how to be a genuinely good person. I really respect her for a lot of the decisions she has made in her life that she has told us about. Anyway we had a lesson with her and the Koszyk family on Sunday about the plan of salvation. It was pretty good. Jean was excited about all the literature she has received from the church. She could pretty much start a Mormon library. lol. She likes coming to church and she likes all the church movies and she loves her boy friend and so I feel pretty confident that it’s all just a matter of time. Unfortunately we can't meet with her as often as I would like, and I think she feels a little cornered in our lessons, but hopefully all will go well anyway. We will do our best to help her feel comfortable next time, so the spirit can be more easily felt.

our other investigator was a blessing sent in the form of a book of Mormon media referral. His name is Corey and he is 19 and LOVES music. In fact at church i was very impressed because he sight read all three hymns and did them perfectly (even with accidentals!) it was like he had been singing all the songs his whole life. He was interested in getting a copy of the B.O.M. because he is going to be studying to become a minister. He is Lutheran and discovered that there is a university that does a music major for people who want to focus on music as a ministerial device. I thought that was pretty cool. He seemed to feel very strongly about pursuing this course and feels It’s what God wants him to do. I think that's awesome! He wants to study all religions and their books (he has already read most major religions books and knows the bible really well already) and so now he said its time to read the B.O.M. We told him that we pray to meet people like him. I’s true, we do. Well he enjoyed church, it was definitely different for him but he was exited for us to come back and see him on Wednesday and told a member he would probably be coming back next week. :) We might send him to the YSA branch so he can get better fellowship, we are still discussing that. He is great! He also had his friend there named Erik who is a music major and is currently interning as a psychiatrist! Ha-ha. He was really cool and open minded as well! Both have legitimate Jobs at young ages and are well educated and clean cut! It is refreshing! Erik didn't come to Church, but he plans on being at the lesson Wednesday.

Well, here is more news, I'm training. Tuesday I get my newborn. I'm really glad we have some new investigators to work with since I'm training. It also helps that we are currently covering two areas! You would think we would have more work to do. Elder Gibbs and I are sad to part but excited for the new challenges. Elder Gibbs and I made a list of all the people we should be visiting and it was actually a lot bigger than I was expecting. I think the reason why we have such low numbers is because so many people jewk lessons and cancel and because we are so spread out that we forget about people. Now that is sunny and summer, I'm sure we will talk to more people and find more people home. I'm excited. It should be a good last 6 weeks training in Bayshore. We'll see how that goes. Ha-ha.

-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment