Monday, April 25, 2011

Still Workin

Ok well some great things happened this week.
1. We invited Jenny Catron (the daughter of a less active sister in our branch) to be baptized and she said yes. Sister Catron came to church. It’s been a long time, It was awesome to see her. [i was mad though cause the branch really didn't fellowship her very well and she left before relief society started which was what she probably needed most] I machine-gunned everyone in the foyer when i saw her walk out. I didn't want to be the church police so i let her go. Me saying, "Where are you going? You should go to relief society" is not nearly as effective as a beautiful sister taking her in an arm and saying, " Sister Catron, will you sit next to me in relief society?"

2. The branch council is getting stoked and everyone is excited to work with and focus on the Hollister family. Soon we will get our Elders quorum president over there as well as our young men’s president. We are really gonna try to take advantage of this opportunity and excitement and we pray that the Hollisters are receptive to it. They will make a great addition to our branch, they are wonderful people and we need their strength. I hope that the spirit of Elijah that has been with Bro Hollister opens him up to feeling the spirit that is with our members causing him to accept lessons with his family and come back to church. When he reactivates he could then baptize his wife and two kids. It would be so wonderful and beautiful

3. It’s been really rainy and stormy, so I’ve been sleeping a lot better than I was (with the exception of the one night i didn't sleep at all....) But finally we have had some sun yesterday and today. Spring has silly weather.

4. If you don't know, I planted a grapefruit. I have a 3 inch plant now... it looks like grass... I really hope it’s a tree instead though. Ha-ha. If it is my Joy will be overflowing! Ha-ha. Also, I made a sock monkey this week with my time before bed and before study time. His name is Snort-porth. He looks grumpy but he has an eye single to the glory of God, so I feel that he is qualified for the work. :)

This upcoming week is the last week of the transfer; weird. So potentially I could be leaving. We will see. I'll be sad to leave Huntington because I’ve put so much into it. I've really tried to help the teaching pool grow and get the members excited and leave the area better than it was. I think I’ve succeeded (with the help of Elder Mitchell of course) but I’d really like to see the out comes to the efforts we've made. I hope if I do get transferred that the next elder is qualified to magnify what we have done; someone who will see the Hollisters and Jenny to baptism and keep up the trend of missionary work in the branch.

Whatever happens is in God’s hands. Despite the outcomes I am a better person and the work will not stop. The work of the lord is a stone cut forth without hands rolling to fill the whole earth.

I love you.

PS Ben is doing well. We love him. We just got to get him to read the Book of Mormon. When he has a testimony of that then he will understand why we do what we do and what our calling is.

We have some new investigators this week, I’ll tell you if anything happens with them; also we are teaching this wonderful Pakistani family! I haven't met anyone from Pakistan I didn't like so far. They are so wonderful. Ha-ha. Nahid and Syed. Their son is Jimmy and their daughter is Lilly. Nahid is super generous and really loves us coming over. She is going to cook for us this Saturday. I'm supper excited! I really hope they will progress because they would be a great family in our branch as well. :)

OK g2g.

-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment