Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Suddenly Nothing Really Matters

This email is in reply to Sam finding out about his sister Rachel having a preemie baby that passed away at 10 days old.

I don't know what to talk about. I can't even remember much about what I was going to say home today. Suddenly nothing really matters much but my love for the family and my testimony. Sometimes I find myself saying in my mind. Why does our life happen the way it does. All I can answer is in scripture form.
First what Nephi says, that he does not know the answers to all things but that he does know that God loveth his children.
Second, what Jacob says in 2nd Nephi ch 2, that all things are done in the wisdom of he who knoweth all. and that Men are that they might have Joy.

To answer you question mom, the Christmas call didn't make me homesick. I have Just realized things about myself that I can Improve. I didn't like it at first but Its funny how quick you see the benefit of certain realizations.

This week some amazing things happened that were possibly ironic but not at all coincidences. I love the Lord. He truly does know what he is doing at all times, and his hand is very active in our lives. I experienced all degrees of standing towards the church this week. We had an investigator prove our suspicions of his studies of anti-Mormon literature. We were told not to follow or use faith or the Holy Ghost, but to trust in the bible.

We also met an awesome guy named Patrick ("a less active") who fed us awesome food. We used principals learned from our CDM and by now coincidence he came to church the next day and one of the speakers was a high councilman who was at his baptism in Rigo park. We experienced the support of members and their love and strength. We had a lesson with a recent convert with Brother Meldrom. Being around him was so refreshing. I know that=his radiance is not personality based but spiritually based.

To top off this layered cake we had amazing discussions and lessons and good times with Keaun a former. He has the desire to learn from the spirit and to have the spirit. He feels the spirit when he does what's right and when he comes to church. I think we will have a baptism in order soon. :) I know he is on the right path. I know his example will strengthen his family.

I know I am far far away. But anything I can do to help any of you (family & friends), please let me know. Meanwhile know that I am starting my mission year with new resolve and hope that I can become the missionary God wants=me to be and you all think I am.

Ha ha.
Love, Elder Sam Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment