Monday, January 25, 2010

Me Llaman Flacito‏

Hi.

This morning I ate so much I held throwing it all up 3 or 4 times. I couldn't finish. The member thought I just didn't want it. That’s not the case.... me laman flacito (small skinny one); but I like that better than tranqulito (calm little one). There’s nothing wrong with tranquil vibes, that’s a complement... but it implies that I am the one that doesn't talk and is emotionless. :( You all know that’s not how I really am. I've been trying hard to be myself around these people, but it’s very hard for me. I know the lord called me here for a reason, I assume one of those reasons is because of my personality... but its hard to be myself... so... yeah. Ok moving on.

We are planning on committing Keaun next time we have a lesson with him. He is really cool. His family is awesome, I wish that they could be receptive like they were with Elder Lim in the past. Unfortunately there was drama with other missionaries after Lim left and before I came.

Wow, the guy next to me is watching movies and music videos and TV shows and it’s really distracting.

Our branch has around 320 members and our average every week is around 40. The Stake President came to church yesterday and told the members to get up and do something about it. They said things like "the missionaries [this and that]". But Pres Duffy said something along the lines of, stop abusing your missionaries, with a French fry analogy; I really appreciated it.

I gave a talk yesterday on hope. Let me tell you, I needed that. Wow, I never realized what hope really is. It’s not what we think. I studied all week about it and learned more from that than I ever feel like I could convey to others. I still don't even fully understand. But what I can tell you is that we really misuse the word hope. I want you all to read about hope in preach my gospel and in true to the faith. Also I challenge you all to stop using the word hope in place of the word wish. Because hope is not wishy-washy like we use it. It’s closer to "plan on" or "trust in".
Desire + obedience + prayer = stronger hope and faith. Hope is the anchor to our souls. Faith is the root of our hope. Faith and hope cannot be learned, they are rewarded to us as we do good works. God gives us a tiny seed and then expects us to nurture that seed. We nurture that seed with the equation I gave you. It’s really cool, you can pray for hope! It works! Ha-ha! Pray for hope, please!!!!! It will help us through our discouragement.

I would like you all to know that I am not home sick, but I am really missing you. If I could get just a few more letters I feel like that would really boost my spirit. I'm not hearing from those I love as much as I would like to, and the worst part about that is that there is a lot going on in all your lives that I want to be apart of. I promise I will try my best to write you all more in return.

I love you guys.

To all you missionaries,
Don't give up. I want to be like the sons of Mosiah were. When we see each other in 2011, I expect us to all still be brethren in the Lord. I love you guys! If any of you are in contact with Erik please forward that message, cause he is the only one of our friends I don't have info for.

Love Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment