Friday, January 29, 2010

So Scratch That

So... on Monday when I emailed all of you I immediately felt guilty and dumb for my letter plea. 1. How can I expect letters when I'm not writing any of you as often as I should? 2. I am the one that’s away, not all of you. I am the one off to a distant place, I should be reporting to you. 3. You are all very busy and some of you barely have time to sleep. I have set aside time every week where I could write.

Basically I feel bad for being whinny and want to say "Scratch that... replace it with: thank you so-o much for the emails and letters and prayers that I get especially because I know its hard to get letters out especially because most of you have multiple elders you are writing to."

The reason I am emailing today is because my companion had to apply for his scholarships since he will be ending his mission soon. I decided to take the opportunity to change what I said.

So, Some elders in our pad got sick with what we thought was food poisoning... but I don't think that is what it really was because... this morning I felt queasy, and just now I threw-up all over the sidewalk just outside the emailing place. The guy was very nice about it though, he gave me paper towels and asked if I was ok and let me clean up in his bathroom. I felt way better after I barfed... but I'm starting to feel bad a little bit again.

So here is an awesome story. There is this lady named Rosemarie in our branch. She is a convert since august. We go over to her house and help her out and teach her and encourage her to be a member missionary. Well our other recent convert Jean that I have mentioned before goes over and teaches and helps her too; sometimes on his own, ha-ha--just because he's cool like that. :) Any way, the other day Rosemarie's neighbor came over to ask rose for a favor or something, jean happened to be there and that’s when he asked "would you like to come to church some time?" then he ended up teaching kind of a restoration lesson! :) Yesterday, we asked Rosemarie when we were at her house about her neighbor Stacy. We ended up going over together and we taught an amazing lesson with the spirit and a member present! Woot! Before we even mentioned anything about praying Stacy said "I gotta pray, I gotta pray and see if this is right. It sounds good, it sounds true. I gotta pray." :D We set up an appointment to go back Saturday. I'll tell you how things pan out Monday.

-Love Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment