Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good News Everyone

So, the transfer calls came and "Good News Everyone!" I am staying in Richmond Hill another transfer with Elder Lim. :) Sweet. Our Pad mates are staying the same with the acceptation of Elder Hatch who is leaving. We will miss him. :( Hopefully the new Spanish Elder is cool and has a good sense of humor. I need to laugh more (like sis Chev said). Life was real easy when I was crazy with Elder Ledbetter in the pad. Fortunately things are lightening up in the pad even though there is drama out side the pad.

Culture Clash. Basically, everything that we learn in Utah about being polite is exactly opposite for Dominicans and various other Hispanics. Just a good tip I'd like you all to know.

Well, the Kitchen and the Living room were (and are) being remolded. So for a few days we couldn't cook or go to the bathroom in our own apartment. ha-ha. and all our stuff from the family room was crammed into the rest of the apartment, eliminating space for working out in the morning and taking showers and making breakfast. So our whole schedule has been... off the last week.

When they tore up the carpet there was 5 other floors underneath! LOL and in between the original flooring and the oldest replacement floor there was............ PILES OF NEWS PAPERS FROM THE 50'S! 1953 to be specific. Crazy huh! I took lots of pics. It’s really funny how all the ads are basically the same. The stories were about the Yankees winning and a 12 year old having a kid and a lady lighting herself on fire, and the Korean War. It was pretty crazy. We also found out this week that our house was built in 1898! That explains why the paint layers are an half an inch thick! lol.

We had some great progress with Keaun this week. we will probably hang out with him today as well (cause he has school off today).

So, my mom told me people are wondering if I got packages for Christmas. I got one from Grandma and the Chevrier’s a few weeks before Christmas and one from my mom. I also got a package from The Barnett family which was a nice surprise. Then I got an awesome package from the Swenson’s just after Christmas that was super fun to open. Elder Lim and I took lots of pics. That’s the packages that I have received so if there are more, maybe I’ll get them today....

All right. Thank you all for your love and prayers and updates and letters and packages and good vibes, etc.

I love you all!
-Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment