Friday, September 2, 2011

Quick Week

This week was super quick but it feels like the last time I emailed was weeks ago! lol.

Well Newt was confirmed yesterday. She is continuing to progress. She is still crazy! But that makes it all interesting. Ha-ha. Elder Crabtree and I are super thankful we have been able to teach her, it’s really made our transfer. Stress and laughs. Ha-ha. Right now we are helping her to understand the book of Mormon and to develop the habit of reading and praying every day. She understands when she prays and chooses to focus.

Also this week was my birthday. We had service scheduled the morning of my birthday at 7 in the morning. So when I woke up the only thing I was concerned about was getting to the Mercado home to help them build their fence. Well, we helped them build their fence and then ate an awesome breakfast made by Mereena and all along I still had no thoughts of my birthday. Well It was time to go so that we could make it home on time to change so we could go to District meeting so I started to wash my dish. Mareena yelled at me and told me to stay out of her kitchen. So i went to get Crabtree to leave, and there he was holding duct tape. He said, "Louie (the 16 yr old) is going to teach me how to make a duct tape wallet." I was a little bugged and said, "we don't have time for that! We gotta go!" then Mareena said, "sit down and give the boy 5 min!" I just thought to myself, "whatever Its not my time he's wasting, he's the one teaching a workshop that he still hasn't prepared for... I’ve been to enough district meetings I’ll be ok." Ha-ha. So then while we are sitting there waiting for Louie to come out, in walks Bro Mercado and Mareena with an Ice Cream Cake with candles singing happy birthday! Ha-ha. I was confused at first and then I realized it was my birthday, so I was super surprised and super happy! Ha-ha. It was a great surprise. Then when we got home I opened up my package from Mom and Dad and on the card it said that they were going to send me an ice cream cake but were worried it would melt. Ha-ha. So I got one anyway! :) Lots of other great things happened too, but i just lost my train of thought because I got a call from elder Kiser. Ha--ha. He is back in Terryville btw.

Well we had drama with Jane. She told us to go away when we came over with a member the other day because she has given up on God. It made us all very sad. Especially because she said that she felt like we were her last hope, but she didn't even give it a fair try. We are going to contact her after we give her some time. :( Poor Jane, she is in a tough situation right now.

Today we woke up at 3am and drove all the way to the end of long island, Montauk! It was great fun, I took pictures, and I’ll show you one of us standing on a fence spelling out NYNYSM! After that we went to McDonalds and then got free Slurpee's at 711 cause its 7/11 and you get a free 7.11oz Slurpee for free today only! :) Now we are emailing. I'm not sure what the rest of the day has in store.

This week I go to the temple for my end of mission temple trip, i also get my departing interview the same day. I'll be packing and sending things home to make sure my bags don't weigh too much this week as well. :S crazy business!

Love you! Talk to you next week (for the last time as a missionary)

Love,

--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment