Friday, September 2, 2011

Mind Numbing Oscillation

Well, sometimes when a lot is on my mind and then things go weird and then people do annoying things it all rubs me the wrong way and I just can't think clearly. So sorry if this email is short and unorganized or uninformative, I've just had a fuzzy mind the last few days. Everybody has their own view on everything we do and they all make a point at letting us know just exactly what they feel about it. It all contradicts... but that is the nature of life. We are agents unto our selves, this is the one thing that is truly ours. If we were not enticed by every means in every which way and direction there would be no need for choice and this would take away our agency. So although it can be a taxing and mind numbing cycle for me (and i'm sure some of you out there) I should be thankful for the opportunity to study it out in my mind and then ask my Heavenly Father if my decision is right. This is a good opportunity cause then I get closer to my Father in Heaven and my Savior (because he knows how it feels). I can leave my worry wart self behind and continue forward with faith and hope in Christ, His Atonement and His promises to us.

Well, Newt is overwhelmed with all the information she has to take in but she is keeping her commitments the best she can. Progress is fast and difficult. My goal is to help her to relax and exercise her faith in Heavenly Father and the faith she is developing in Jesus Christ. I want her to trust and Love them and the Church and not the missionaries or Mareena. If she really is dead set on raising her family LDS and if she really does want this in her life then she should be a sponge and just try to soak in everything she can and not let her old ways get in her way. Easier said than done probably, but I think a large part of understanding is listening with the correct attitude. She gave us all her cigarettes yesterday........ Not. Ha-ha. She said she was, but all she gave us was empty cartons and an empty bag! LOL. She probably thinks we are stupid. I might be trusting and maybe a little gullible but I have experience with being duped and I don't want to take any of that any more. Next time we will ask her what her intention are with meeting us and let her know that if she truly wants our help that she has to let us and that she can't play games and try to pull things over our eyes. Newt is really cool, I am grateful that I and Elder Crabtree get to be the missionaries who teach her, I hope we all grow from it. I hope we can all understand just how serious this all is.

Other than Newt the only real big news is that I got to go on exchanges with my companion from the MTC, Elder Wright. That was super nice. It was good to be his companion again! He rocks.

OK G2G!
--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment