Friday, September 2, 2011

It’s Over

It’s over, there isn't any more.

This week was a great finish to a wonderful mission. I actually feel complete. Although I have been far from perfect, I feel at peace. I feel like the Lord has accepted my contribution and sacrifice. I feel like he is pleased with my growth. That being said, I have a long ways to go. I know that if I continue to put my trust in God and continue to make my spiritual needs a priority in my life I'll be just fine.

This week was great because elder Crabtree and I taught more lessons that any other week that we have been together and we had a baptism. Tessa Siniscalchi got baptized! Her dad did it and it went really well, very smooth. I'll show you the pictures when I get home.

Sunday was kind of stressful but very rewarding. I spoke in sacrament, taught the youth class with my companion, prepped for the baptism, and taught the message of the restoration with my comp while Tessa was drying off after her baptism. whoooff. I was antsy until all that was over with, but it felt really good. I was able to do a practice run of my homecoming talk and it felt really good. I think they might have gotten a better talk than all of you will end up with! Ha-ha. I'm sure you all want me to tell mission stories in my talk, but the thing that I told them was just doctrine and the spirit was there, and i felt the power. So if that's what ends up happening, I don't want to hear any complaining. Ha-ha.

well that's about it. I'll see many of you Wednesday, and the rest of you Sunday, and some of you in between. :)

THANK YOU! Thank you for your support! Thank you to all of you who helped fund my coming on a mission. Your funds were not wasted and you will be blessed for the lives you have changed. If nothing else, I am better, but I know that there have been others who the lord was able to help because I came out here to NY. It wasn't me, I'm just a tool ha-ha (both definitions of the word). But really i can't thank all of you enough for the sacred funds you donated to me for the Lord’s cause. Thank you, thank you. I just can't adequately word what I’m trying to say.

I love you! Peace out!

--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment