Friday, September 2, 2011

Crab Tree

So I have begun my last transfer and done so fruitfully because I am now a pops. I wasn't sure it was actually going to happen, but I am training and it’s gonna keep me kicking until I fly away. His name is Elder Crabtree. He is from Las Vegas (my third Vegas companion) and he likes to skate.

We have had good experiences together so far. We have experienced a little bit of everything! Which is great because I’d like for him to have the best understanding possible to start off his mission. I want him to know everything I know now, to be able to function off of knowledge I wish I had at the beginning. Of course we know that some things we just don't learn until we have had an experience that teaches it to us, but I’d like him to understand principals that he can fall on when those experiences happen. He is really cool and I think he will be a great missionary.

We taught 9 lessons in 5 days and got 3 new investigators and some solid potentials and new less active members we can start to visit. We also had the opportunity to use our priesthood. We got jewked a few times and we fearlessed too. We started 2x2x5ing (knocking two doors to the left and right of a house and the five houses across the street around a house of a potential investigator, investigator, or member [its way more effective than tracting {picking a random street and knocking the whole thing}]) right away and so I think Crabtree has a good idea about how to do door approaches now. He won’t be scared! NYNYCS missionaries fear no man! :)

Thanks for all your love and support and help.

The Church is true! Hoorah for Israel! The work rolls forward as a stone cut without hands and it will fill the whole world! Prepare ye therefore everyman and fear not the future. Take comfort in the blessings and promises of our savior by exercising your faith and hope by doing what he has asked us to do. We will be blessed with spiritual power as we keep and make covenants with the lord. I love the doctrine of Christ. Let’s all have faith, repent, be baptized, and endure to the end! I love you! ttfn

-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment