Sunday, December 5, 2010

50 Gallons of Nature

We raked a lot of leaves. I really packed my garbage bags. The bags were very heavy. I am the King of leaf stomping. You should pay me tribute. If you don't I'll pay you leafs. You’ll have to rake. You will not be happy. I will be so vindicated. Let’s talk about other things now.

Last night a miracle happened. My companion said, "Goodnight". I was so happy. I felt like a girl who's had a seven year crush on a guy who hates her and one day she’s at school and the guy walks up and takes her in his arms all gentle and says, "I love you". I basically was completely shocked. I informed him that that was the first time he had ever told me goodnight. He admitted that was pretty sad. We actually said a few words to each other after that too. Well, basically I felt like this big relief I didn't expect to ever feel from a mere "goodnight". Any way today it has been easier for me to get along with him and I have felt a lot less tension. So basically the moral to the story is never take a drink on the house.

Also yesterday we did some trackting on a street that had a former on it. Well, we found the cousin to the former and the neighbor across the street that seemed like good potentials. So that was cool (in both denotations).

This week was a low number week, but we were able to help out and see a lot of members. We had Thanksgiving and McDonald's. Ha-ha Jk. We had Thanksgiving at The MacDonald's and whenever we told someone where we were going for Thanksgiving they got confused and thought we were actually telling them that we were going to McDonalds! Ha-ha. I think we actually almost offended someone when we told them we couldn't go to their house for Thanksgiving cause we were going to the MacDonald's. lol. Well, it was basically an amazingly wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, I couldn't have asked for a better one. It was as if I was at home almost. The McDonalds are so awesome and nice and such good cooks. I love them. They are one of my favorite families I have met on my mission. We also ate at Dennys for breakfast with Judy cause she didn't have anything going on for Thanksgiving. It was awkward saying goodbye but the actual meal and talking was pretty good. Denny's is only like $2-6 did you know that? Pretty good.

Last week was the most amazing primary program I’ve ever seen. No exaggeration. It was the best. Well, guess what, it was so good that the father of a part member family came this week as well! The wife called us and told us that she thinks we will be able to come over soon. I call it a Thanksgiving/primary program miracle.

That’s the gist of the week. Some good news however; Grace called to get an appointment with the bishop and is looking like she is going to try harder to get to church. Harold came to church; he told me he's been very busy. But he told me that he plans on encouraging his mom to get baptized while he is in Colombia (starting next week until January) and that he will be attending church while in Colombia! Cool right! :) That helped me see better that he truly is a solid as I thought he was, he just has a lot going on.

I love truth. It makes more since than the alternative. I'm glad I can be a messenger of truth although I'm a little weakling. Ha-ha. I can be strong as I put my trust where it should be put.

Love,
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment