Monday, December 13, 2010

Our Bi-polar Shower has Infiltrated Nature

Here I am in Long Island. It’s December. Why has the sky chosen rain instead of snow? Its like 40 to 55 degrees the last few days. Odd, since the beginning of the week was like in the 20's... I guess its ok however cause from what I hear them Lon Gi-lundas don't really know how to deal with snow let alone drive in it.

We got a new investigator this week. She’s pretty cool. She told us that next week she will have a bunch of friends and people to send us to, "to share the word" with as well. :D

We did more service this week. Raked more leafs (can you believe it!?). Also there was a great fireside last night (musical fireside about Christmas) and a Christmas party on Saturday. :) So we Have been with the members a lot this week.

Elder Kiser came to visit us cause they used a whole day on moving the Riverhead elders. They didn't have enough time to get back home and actually work so they went to dinner with us. They also witnessed an accident and visited Wayne. We just don't understand what has happened with Wayne. He is obviously having a hard time and struggling with something but we can't seem to get in to help him and he's not attending church for the ward to help him. :( He apparently opened the door to Kiser and Reyes with the same warm greeting he did with us, "I thought I told you to call before you come over!" to which Kiser responded, "Woah! I'm Elder Kiser Wayne! What are you talking about" (or something like that). He calmed down a little after that... How can someone expect another to call before hand when if they call ahead no one answers? This is to take away the fact we all felt like we had a good enough relationship that we could just stop by. It was never a problem in the past. We were always welcomed with open arms and encouraged to stop by when we were in the neighborhood.

Many people told us they would do things this week and did not. :( I'll leave it at that. I am sad for people. I just wish we could help them see what they are missing. I understand they are busy or forget or things come up (I’m human too), it’s just that these things we offer are worth more than anything else there is.

Linda Lang expects us for Christmas Eve. If i get transferred It'll break her heart. :( Hopefully not her testimony. I have the feeling I'll stay another and my companion Elder Moyers will be transferred. That is not what I want but that's what we are starting to think. It’s gonna be hard for me to train another person to take over the area. I don't feel like i was successful enough this time around and i feel a little too pooped to try again. I'd rather either leave or stay with Moyers another. But whatever the will of the lord is, that is the right way and I know it will be for the best.

We had a deep clean this week. a real interesting day. We ended up cutting a hole in the wall. Guess what we retrieved? a crystal ball! Jk, it was an Urn! jk... i wish. it was just a light fixture that was accidentally built into the wall... well, at least the bathroom doesn't have a naked bulb hanging from the ceiling any more.

I have a little cold this week. Today it’s kind of a wheeze too. I don't really feel sick though. I am tired of sore throats in the morning though.

Monday was awesome cause we went to the MacDonald’s for FHE and dinner. We helped them set up their Christmas tree. It was just a really nice time. We all felt at home. The funny part was that in the closing prayer sis Macdonald said that she was thankful we were there cause it helped her feel like she was more at home. We are all blessed when we share our time and love. That’s how the church works when we give and accept service and when we willingly teach and learn everyone is edified. It’s like the law of consecration! I love it! Let’s live it!

Ledbetter is going home. I'm sad. I have lived with Elder Ledbetter longer (in total) than any other missionary. I really love him. I'm really going to miss him. I have learned a lot from him. He was the reason I survived mentally my 3rd transfer. He is one of my favorite people. I hope that this is not the last time I see him. I hope to keep in contact with him. He said something at district meeting in his "words of wisdom" that Elder Judd made him impart on us being that is was his last district meeting, he said, "Just be yourself while you do missionary work. Don't try to be something you are not. The lord called you here for a reason. He needed you specifically just the way you are to make a difference here in this mission." then he said something that really surprised me and he said it very sincerely, "Elder Morris has always really been a good example of that for me. I think he does that well; sorry to put you on the spot like that.". Anyway that really meant a lot to me because of 1. who it came from and 2. because that is something I have felt like I have struggled with all along. :) It felt good.

Well I don't know what else to say. I can't really think of anything else.

Know this however; every man is free to choose according to his own will. This Is our God given right. We all make choices. We all make mistakes. Try real hard not to hold peoples mistakes against them. Try to forgive people. Cause we have enough to worry about with ourselves. How can we expect the lord to forgive us if we do not forgive others? What we can do is strive to do our part. Strive to be a contributing factor for good in the world for ourselves. We cannot change others, but we can change our selves. All of our choices effect those around us, so let’s make sure we are conscious of that. When we hear a lesson or a story or instruction let’s say to ourselves, "How can I apply that into my own life" instead of "wow I really with [so-in-so] was here to hear this. This is just what they need." I'm trying to do better with this. :) I think this is a big factor in achieving the "Grown-Up Christmas Wish (list)" of world peace and whatnot. Well... I love you all.
Peace!
--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment