Monday, May 31, 2010

Yellow Fever‏

Hi,
Well, I feel like it’s been a few weeks since I last e-mailed... but it has not been a few weeks.

Well, I got all finished packing on Monday and Tuesday morning and headed down to Rego Park for the transfers. I had a strange feeling I wouldn't be leaving Rego Park. When I got there I went and said hi to some of the missionaries who were there and then I went down into the mission office where I said hello to the AP's, President, the office couples and the other missionaries who were down there while I checked for to see if I had any mail. I didn't find any mail, so I just hung out down there. Elder Olsen the AP looked at me and pulled me into the copy room. He said "Help me staple", then he told me to "wait for the 200 copies to print out and then staple them"... As I was waiting for the papers to print Sister Adolphson (from Alpine, Steve Adolphson graduated with Hilly, they are one of the office couples) said to me "Well elder Morris, I guess we are gonna get to know each other better now." By this point my suspicions were confirmed but I played the fool, "Why is that?" She responded as mom would when she realized she just blew the surprise party or Christmas present.

Then Elder Khang after his sneaky snooping and using his insane photographic memory, told me "I think you’re an office Elder"... then he left and came back and said, "Yup, I just confirmed it with president". He then went and told Elder Saeyang (the office elder) that I would be his new companion. Elder Gourdin (my old comp and the office elder at the time) over heard and said "Elder Morris! You’re going to be an office elder!?" We talked about it. Well, it was for sure... so Elder Saeyang said, "Come with me Elder Morris". We didn't waste any time. Before the Transfer meeting had even started I was put to work. To make a long story short I've been very busy. Maybe busier than ever before in my mission... but our numbers this week were 1 other lesson and 2 progressing investigators. 0's for everything else. HA-HA!

So, my new comp's name is Elder Kao Va Saeyang, he was born in Thailand. So he is not Korean, but at least he is Asian (BJ and Kitty would take another meaning from that). We live with the AP's in the house next to the mission office above the senior couple that works in the office (the Baum's). Elder Saeyang and I travel around the whole mission in a 15 passenger van delivering stuff to elders around the mission and being errand runners for president and the AP's and the senior couples. They say the first week is the busiest and the last week is also pretty busy.

So, this week I drove the 15 passenger van in Manhattan (that was fun!), Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk! Ha-ha. Its awesome that we get to go all over the mission and that we get to see all the areas and missionaries. Many missionaries seem to be very happy that I am an office elder for some reason. Elder Black and Elder Thiot for ex. (that probably means nothing to you though).

Hard part of being an office elder so far:
Your so busy but have nothing to show for it
Not a lot of proselyting gets done.
Also, we take the departing missionaries to the airport after sleeping over at the mission home with them... let me tell you, that was trunkie. I saw some of my favorite missionaries, who were so good, talk about what they were going to do this week end and then, go home. I'm gonna miss Elders Wallace, Haggard, Lim, Peterson, and Goodman. Especially Lim and Haggard cause I served and lived with them. I also discovered that Elder Stone is a really cool/funny guy, just in time for him to leave! Sad day, I will have to do it next transfer too with Elder Khang and some of the others going home with him.

I'll be an office Elder for 2 transfers. I'm kinda sad though, cause that might mean that I won't be able to be Tanner’s Trainer. We will see. Maybe I'll talk to President about it. Tanner won't be born into the office, that's for sure! Lol! When does he come into the mission? If it’s August then there is a good chance still.

It’s good to be back in Queens. I feel more like I am in NY when I am in Brooklyn or Queens.

I don't know what else to say. So, bye.
-Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment