Monday, May 17, 2010

You can't always get what you want...‏

But if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need.

There is a church in Rego Park called "The Rock Church". If I wasn't Mormon I would go to church there. Cause its literally Rock and roll. Not the rock of Christ. Ha-ha. Cause there are so many rock songs that talk about really good things and tell about life in such a cool way. I hope you all recognize the song I quoted. :)

Wow. OK, well this week shall be called "Drama".

And it cam to pass in the 5th week of the 7th transfer that I did hear many murmurings among the saints and out of the mouth of my companion. Many things did Khang say, and among the things he had said were as such "If you make me mad, there will be no happily ever after" and many other things did he say with choice and selectively colorful words; and all this that he might express his anger. For his anger was kindled by the assumption that we should be removed from our assignment and replaced by sisters. As it is, Khang is not pleasant to be around when he has feelings of anger or when he is displeased; for he has been raised by angry blood. And his generations before him have waxed old in pride and anger. Now this is the struggles of mine own senior companion. But I Sam, do not hold this thing against him. For I know his heart, and while he wastes his effort on such angers and contentions, his desire is for the success of the area and the conversion of the peoples of Plainview.

Here is some good news.
1. Larry continues to receive the "light bulb" look in our discussions and is coming to appreciate the timeliness of the restoration and well as the importance and preciousness of the Book of Mormon.
2. Darnell and Nikita Smith came to church! Ha-ha! After my whole time being here they finally made it! It was awesome! If you don't remember, Darnell has been inactive for 10 years and Nikita is his non-member wife. They have a new born named Madison.

I am afraid that if we indeed are blinded out all our work with developing trust with the Smith family, Larry and the ward members will get flushed down the toilet. This is my fear, and I do perceive it to be a valid fear. But fear is the lack of faith. So I have uncovered my weakness to you all! I am standing hear naked showing you my tender spots! LOL, ok... that’s a bad joke. Ha-ha. But if we are replace by sisters it will be even worse, cause the ward mission leader doesn't like sisters and the last time sisters were in this area there was a lot of drama. Also, Nikita doesn't like girls. And many of our investigators are teenage guys, and Larry is a man; so... I am afraid these people would slip through the cracks.

Anyway, nothing is certain.

Here is the bad news. Our baptismal commit, Maurice Jennings the soon-to-be-14 year old, has been pushed back because he has not come to church. This has caused a lot of drama with the mom that I will spare you. But he should get baptized next transfer if he can get to church. The mom keeps telling us she can come and then is suddenly un-contact-able Saturday night and Sunday morning. If she really wanted to come she would be calling us and trying to work out the ride; but no. The only time she called us this week was to ask us to bring her food from the bishops store house. Sounds Ghetto, I know.

Well, to end on a good note. I have remained calm and happy this week. It’s really hard being with a companion who tries hard to make everyone miserable when he is sad but I am happy!

-love Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment