Wednesday, May 5, 2010

hmmmmmm....‏

Well, First off I want to make it very clear, I am Happy and I have the spirit with me, and my desire to work is stronger than ever. Last week I wanted to show how even though a lot of unfortunate things happened there was a good side to all of them. I probably didn't emphasize the good points well enough. I'll try to do better with that.

The fact is, Life is unpredictable. Yet somehow we survive. In the end we either draw closer to God and Christ or we push our selves from them. I didn't see the wisdom in the scripture I chose for my "mission scripture", I just thought it was a nice scripture. However, now, it means a little more to me. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, might, mind and strength and lean not unto your own understanding, but acknowledge God in all he does and he shall direct thy path. This is true. God has an active interaction in all of our lives, I don't know how he does it but he does. To top it off, he does it with a plan. He knows exactly what he is doing with us, and we agreed to do it before we came here to this earth. So, our pre-mortal selves, younger and bodiless, knew we could handle the life ahead of us, and knew that whatever ended up happening we would be better off than we were before. However, I am here to do more than just be better off. I'd like to reach my full potential. I plan on getting there with no man left behind I'm talking about you Taber, Chris, Scott, Mike, and all the rest of the family plus friends. We didn't come here to get by with the minimum, we didn't come to earth just to survive and then be alone in eternity. No. We came to get bodies and then learn and by our faith re-unite and join together as a whole spiritual family. I expect to see each of you trying your best cause Love you.

This week was tough because we had no car. We could have done much more than we did, but I just couldn't get Elder Khang to cheer up. He was sad or mad all week. It got to the point where I just wanted him to at least go out side and walk around, but I guess I should have just given him his space, cause he wasn't happy with me pushing him. Don't worry about our relationship, we're ok, everything is alright. Luckily (and this is why I am writing so late) we got a car today; yup, a car--not our car. I am just happy to have a car again. Our car however is still in the shop and still hasn't gotten fixed yet. We found out what happened though. So, apparently Pep Boys did the job wrong last time we got an oil change and didn't screw some "plug" in right and so the car has been leaking oil into weird places and I guess a rod went through the engine, and the check oil light never came on because this "plug" that is being spoken of was not re installed correctly. So when they toed it back to pep boys, they saw the problem and put a new plug in and filled the car with all new engine oil, to make it look like it wasn't their fault. We know this because Elder Adolphson talked to the dealer (where the car is now because Pep boys couldn't fix the compression problem) who thought it was fishy that there was a new plug and new oil in a car that had an oil change last over 4 weeks ago. Well, of course we didn't do it, we have no time, nor means, and we wear white dress shirts. But Adolphson doesn't want to fight it cause its our word against theirs and it will be more trouble than its worth... or something like that. There really is no way to prove it. But that’s what happened, we think. Wow.

So, we relied on the members for all our rides and because of that we went from a 20 lesson week last week to an 8 or 9 lesson week this week. Ha-ha. I'm so glad to have a car. Khang is happy again and we have AC (just in time btw because it got humid this week and its starting to get pretty warm, NY summer is on its way!) so, things are looking up for next week.

I have to go, sorry I didn't write more! AHHHHHHHHHH I hope all is well.
Bye.
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment