Monday, June 28, 2010

Week 5 of transfer 8‏

Week 5 of transfer 8‏

Hello. I am a missionary for the New York, New York south mission and I struggle to do what’s right. I know I am in the right place at the right time. I also know I have a lot to improve upon, but what a better place then in queens. I would not want to be anywhere else right now. I really miss some of you, but that won't stop me from trying to magnify myself and taking advantage of this one shot I have at being a NYNYC South missionary. I don't think my current numbers would reflect my hart. This week I got the lowest numbers of my whole mission. I don't feel that the fact I am an office elder, or the fact we had a busy week justifies anything. However I still have at least one more transfer to get balancing mission office work and missionary work.

I saw a dead bird the other day. The scriptures tell us that God knows that bird and that he knew when It fell and why it passed away. Like I told an 8 year old and a 5 year old member last night and like my Dad always taught me, "If God knows about that sparrow falling from the sky, then why would he not know who you are?" I think that statement was just as much for myself as it was the kids. I believe when someone speaks by the spirit the people listening and the person speaking are instructed.

You know the saying "whatever floats your boat", or "whatever tickles your fancy"? Well, I thought of another variation. :D "Whatever tumbles your tumblers"! I like it, what about you.

Well, The Hiltz boys are pretty much a no for baptism for a long while. There mom does not cooperate with us and the kids have very little desire to come to church. I don't know if I would either if I were in their shoes. They kind of use their mothers doubt and the fact that their parents are separated as their own advantage and they get away with a lot. Its odd to me that a legally separated couple would still live together in the same apartment and sleep in the same room..... But, it’s not really my concern I suppose. :S

Vishnu. :( Man, he has had bronchitis all week. When I called him to talk to him and see if we could help or maybe give him a blessing and coughed his lungs out and struggled to breath. He is on antibiotics but he still is struggling. We plan on bringing him a Nepali B.O.M. probably tomorrow, maybe tonight. We really do not want him to fall through the cracks, because we really were led to him, he really is prepared.

Well, this week we did a lot of service. We moved two families this week; the Bangeters (which mad me sad; Alpiners going home...) and this lady in our wards sister. Her sister had a mental breakdown because of an extreme case of bi-polar disorder (A time bomb of an episode apparently). It was a lot of work but It felt good to help. We sweated out of our eyelids it was so humid and sunny. This week we also took a missionary into Manhattan for a doctor’s appointment. Well, after the appointment the missionary found a news paper called Gay City. He read an article from it and all three of us were shocked. I thought you all might want to know the kind of things that are going on in the Homosexual community so you can know what kind of battle is in store for our families.
1. There are councilors that help the unfortunately heterosexual to become Gay. It is said that 85% of heterosexuals can become good gays or lesbians.
2. There is a church that believes that Jesus Christ won't return for the second coming until everyone is homosexual.
3. One woman praised Jesus for helping her to learn that girl-on-girl action was right for her.
4. One man expressed his joy that God was happy that he was Gay.
5. There was talk in a community of Gays that they were happy that they were all able to learn to be "full-humans" because of their homosexuality and that they felt sorry for those of us who are continuing to be heterosexual.

The missionary we were with said some hateful things concerning the people who wrote these blasphemies. I want to encourage you all, right now, DO NOT FALL VICTIM TO HATE. These things these people believe may be evil, the family is definitely under attack and yes we must defend it... But we have to remember that God loves all of his children the same regardless of their actions. We do not want to be the reason that some person hates the church. If we are seen doing or saying hateful things to people we will be viewed as the bad guys who persecute others and force our beliefs on others. We have to remember that the churches stance on Homosexuality is that it is a temptation for some people just like alcoholism or stealing might be for someone else. These people have believed their own justifications because it feels better than to feel the natural guilt that comes from doing what is contrary to the will of the lord. We all have the light of Christ. So, Love people. Love and serve them until they see our sincere desire for their well being. Hate the sin or transgression not the person, and realize that everyone has weakness.

Well, I have to go, my companion is getting restless.
I hope you all have a good week.

Love
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment