Monday, November 23, 2009

Here comes week 5 of 3rd transfer‏

Ok. Woot, here we go; I’ve got quite a list of things that I would like to share so here I go. :)

Thank you grandma for your package you sent me! It just got to me!... its a Christmas package! lol. That’s a little early! Ha ha. So I won't open the presents until Christmas, but thank you for the peanut brittle and the great notes! Yeah!
Ok... so, today we went to the office. While I was there I looked to see if I had mail and..... yes! One from Mclean (an awesome letter!) and one from Rachel, Noah and Paige (also awesome/cute!)! Then I discovered I had packages, the one from grandma, and the one from the Chevriers... I think I was sent the wrong package from the Chevriers though... because the note in it said Merry Christmas with notes to BJ inside of it... So If you would like (BJ and Chevriers) I will just put that in a box and send it to Japan. Maybe you got some stuff that was supposed to go to me BJ! lol. btw, BJ was in my dream last night! LOL

Saturday I got a letter from Mom/dad and from the achievement day girls in my ward! It was awesome! Thanks so much!

So a lot of things happened this week. Last Monday Elder Gourdin and I went and saw Taber and mini in Manhattan! We went to Manhattan because mini had a doctor’s appointment and so it was more convenient that we go to them. We went to this super fancy very tasty Italian restaurant! I had salmon and Gourdin had steak! Taber ordered for us cause we were unsure as to what we should get. lol. Thanks Tabe you’re the best!!!!! Taber’s friend Corey was there, so that was really cool to meet him. He is laid back and easy to talk to. :) After that we walked to Taber and minis apartment that they just sold. it was super nice. Then we got in the car and Taber’s driver took us to the air port. Gourdin loved that! lol. we said good bye and Victor, Taber’s diver from Lima, Peru, took us home to our pad. It was sweet! We got to know victor and we told him that we were missionaries. He was surprised he thought we were college students. Then he asked us if we could give him anything. Ha ha :). So we gave him a restoration pamphlet.

On Tuesday it was "deep clean day" for our zone. we were supposed to clean only until 1... but we were cleaning up a mess that has been here since before I came to New York. We Cleaned all day! I scrubbed and scrubbed. I won’t give you the details so you aren’t worried about us. But just know its cleaner. We even reorganized everything! So now our beds are in a little room (we called it the bat cave! It’s nice and dark :)) and our study room is three times the size (and away from our beds)! The "family room" is better now too cause its reorganized.

So, we decided one night that we were going to cut our hair. I only was going to do a clean up. I cut only the sides and back of my hair but then it needed to be blended. So Gourdin offered to try the comb with an open clipper method... well, you guessed it already I’m sure. A big chunk was taken out of my head, causing me to have to take my hair down all the way to a 2 on the sides and a 5 on top. :( So now I look way different. LOL!

Ok, so as a district we committed on Friday to commit 8 people (as a district) to get baptized. Yesterday Gourdin and I committed one of our investigators named Dason. We have already asked him to get baptized but he told us that the date was between him and the lord. So this time we asked him if he would pray specifically for the 6th of December while we were there. He did. The spirit was very, very strong. Right before he prayed he had told us the restoration story and the importance of authority in baptism. So he is way solid. Ok, so the spirit was way strong and I asked how he was feeling, he said peaceful. we told him we were going to plan for him to get baptized on the 6th and he didn't say no... so its a soft commit, so we are praying that he receives further witness and conformation that the day is right for him.

Ok, well my time is up... so quickly I will say the rest
the sisters borrowed my violin and changed the strings and thought I was retarded because I had it tuned like a guitar. They also think I’m a smart a. lol geez! >:|
we have new finding methods, I'll tell you about them next time.

We have an investigator named Allen, we were going to commit him, but he said he is leaving for Europe..... :(
the end
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment