Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fever

OK. Hi! So, I made that chillie last p-day! It was very tasty! I felt like I was at home when I closed my eyes. It tasted exactly like you make it mom. :)
So, I'm still blown away by the difference between Bushwick and Richmond Hill. I feel like I didn't transfer areas, but missions. Its way different.
You will all be happy to know I have been taking your advice and trying hard to be the clean charitable one in the pad. I got Fabreeze and candles and hand soap and scrubbed the floor and toilet... I also offer whatever I make (food) to the other elders and help them cook their meals. I actually am seeing a difference; the other elders are starting to clean things on their own and are starting to want to cook as a pad. Unfortunately... what always happens when you try to do your best? Yup, opposition and guess what form my opposition came in? Yup, I’m sick.
I'm not as bad now as I was though. Let me describe the week so y'all know.
Tuesday was amazing. we got two new investigators and taught 4 lessons and kept on schedule the whole day, from waking up to following up. Every part of the day had something for us to do.
Wednesday was amazing too, but not quite as fruitful. The whole day kinda got thrown off by the breakfast we had at a member’s house.
Thursday was planning... after planning we had pad time and by the end of pad time I was feeling like you do when you get the flu. you know, achy skin and just way uncomfortable. I just went to bed and told Gourdin to cancel our appointments. When I woke up at 9 pm I checked and I had a fever. :(
I have not slept well a night since. I've been having lots of frustrating, sweaty dreams. >:( They get me just as tired physically and mentally as my sickness does.
Friday I stayed in bed basically all day. Which meant we had to miss cdm, a great appointment and a Dinner appointment.
Saturday morning I felt good enough to go out and work; so I did. When we got back I checked my throat and guess what I saw? a white spot. Then it dawned on me that I was having the same symptoms as I was having last year when I had strep. I felt fine during the day, wasted in the late afternoon and feverish and uncomfortable at night. We stayed in Saturday night. Elder Gourdin had been acting like he was the victimized one. Like I was sick on purpose just to torcher him. pstsh! I even asked him if he thought I was faking. He just said "No, I just want to work", I responded, "So do I."
Anyway,Sunday I woke up and my throat wasn't as sore and my fever was gone, but my body was stiff and I had a really bad runny nose. My nose has been runny ever since. Sunday was Stake conference, it was good, only it was really warm. We were in the middle of the row, so I couldn't get out and here I am with a faucet for a nose. I asked Sister Nelson what I should do... all she told me was less than I already knew. Ha. Take Tylenol for the fever and get lots of rest. Geez.
So today I woke up at 5:00 in the morning after battling not waking up for about an hour from an intense headache; the worst I have had in a while. I think its cause I have been on a crappie mattress all week and so I’m out of adjustment and that’s what gave me the head ache. I looked for a chiropractor today, but only found one for $60.... so... what ever.

Say some prayers for me that I will get better.

Love, Sam

2 comments:

  1. Poor Sammie, hope he feels better soon - Camile, if you like you can send him this simple remedy for strep (in 48 hrs or less) -
    1 Tbsp honey
    1/8-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (just as much as he can handle)
    3-5 garlic cloves
    Mix honey and cayenne on a plate or bowl and press fresh garlic into it and mix.
    Taking this every 30 mins or hour should clear up strep within 48 hours. Just take as much as he can handle (like even running his finger in it and liking it off or taking a small spoonful at a time).
    Also, drinking lots of red-raspberry tea (sweetened with honey if he wants) will really help with all kinds of sicknesses.
    Sending all our love to you Elder Morris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - that looks like I'm demanding it being sent within 48 hrs, but that's really the time frame for the mixture to work. :)

    ReplyDelete