Monday, November 23, 2009

Fevers and Guns

VOk. Hi, so.... there I was in south Richmond Hill (just north of Ozone Park). I went out Monday night with a fever because I didn't want my companion to be disappointed that we didn't go out. I didn't tell him about my fever. We were on our way to an appointment. We had just gotten to the place where the appointment was when I hear, "hey man, you got the time?" I saw a black kid in a hoodie about my same age. "Why yes I do" I replied in the goofy white cracker way I know best. I looked down at my watch and tried to decipher my analog clock. "It’s... si.... seven.....", "its seven ten" blurts out Elder Gourdin. I look up and what do I see? A gun pointed at elder Gourdin.... "Empty your pockets!" said the hooded hoodlum as he snatched our cell phone from elder Gourdin’s hands. "NO!" is the first thing out of my mouth! the guy points the gun at me sense I'm the one talking "empty your pockets!!!", "No! I don't have anything to give you!", "empty your bag!!!!", "NO! All I have is bibles and book of Mormons!", "empty your pockets", "NO", the boy could see I wasn't going to cooperate so he points the gun at Gourdin, "empty your pockets!" Elder Gourdin drops about 100 pens and pass along cards. the hoodlum sees he is getting some where with Elder Gourdin, "empty your bag!!" he said as he stuck the gun in elder Gourdins face and pushed his face a couple times. "NO! WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO GIVE YOU" I say, outraged that he is bullying my companion in this way. he didn't like my response much. The hoodlum pulls the gun out of his face and cocks it, bringing it up gangster style. Gourdin whips his back pack around, scared that I, Elder Morris, is going to get us killed. Elder Gourdin shows that all he has is books in his bag. I say again "All we have is bibles!" The kid tells his accomplice behind me to go and then walk off leaving me and Gourdin stunned as to what just happened to us. I realize as they get to the corner and say "bit**es!" to myself. I yell to the kid and his friend "Have fun with our phone!" They turn around "WHAT!?" "Have fun with our phone!" I repeat. They turn around sheepishly and shuffle their baggy pants selves off toward the bus.

Tuesday I slept and recovered.

Wednesday was an amazing Zone conference! All the missionaries I came out with (Wright and Swain) were jealous that I got my New York welcome (getting robbed). Ha, ha.
We talked to the Murray family. We told them that we know they already know the gospel is true, so they need to get baptized. They said ok... but we aren't married. so we will work with them some more. The daughters are members so that helps.

Thursday I can’t remember.

I am out of email time. I will fill you in on Friday Saturday and Sunday and this morning with Taber next week! Love you all! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment