Monday, March 7, 2011

March

So I thought that all the Showers were supposed to be in April... but we are getting March Showers. So instead of March wind brings April showers which brings may flowers... it must be March showers brings April flowers followed by... may.... Birds! or something like that. I'm expecting a lot of birds..... in may.....

Anyway.

Saturday was amazing. We were visited by Neal L. Anderson from the quorum of the 12 Apostles. :) It was nice. Refreshing is what I would call it. Definitely not what I was expected. I was thinking it would be more like what elder Pearson was just shorter, nope, just really pleasant. We shook his hand and also Bishop Edgely and Elder Razband. It felt good. My testimony was strengthened in two ways by subtle reminders of the following facts: 1. they truly are called of God and 2. They really are regular guys. You could see their light and feel the warmth from the spirit, but it wasn't a flood of spirit that knocked you over, just really pleasant. It shows me that it really is possible to follow all the commandments and still be a human. That Imperfect people that have weaknesses can be obedient. I also learned a really cool thing from what Elder Anderson said in response to the question "why can't [we do everything right that we know we should and want to do so] the spirit [can] be stronger in me?" (Its self explanatory I think), "Be patient. It’s not something the Lord expects us to know all about when we are 20. What would we do the rest of our lives?" He then explained that even President Monson learns something new each day.

We also had a great combined stake conference yesterday with Bishop Edgely. At both the mission and stake conference he shared cool stories about being a missionary here back when it was the eastern states mission. :) Like I said it was just refreshing to hear stories and get encouraged rather than loaded up with a bunch of doctrine that makes you feel like you are a slacker (call to repentance). To everything there is a season. There's a time and a place for both of those things and I'm glad this time it was easy to swallow.

Tito is still doing great. He understands that even when he makes mistakes he needs to keep at it and continue to come to church and read scriptures and pray. That is the key. He and I both are learning that this church is for sinners. That this gospel is one of improvement and progression; that's the point of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I'm glad cause I am nowhere near perfect, but I know I can get there one day because of our Savior. Jose is learning this too. He loved Stake conference. The Spanish Elders say that his only hang up now is a testimony of our current prophet. I know it will work out for him and Marta.

Thank you Miller family for your package! I loved it. I don't know how you knew but the tie you gave me was the perfect width and it looks really nice too. The pens are great quality and everyone loves treats and letters! thank you so much! I am so grateful for your support and prayers and love! :)

OK I'm gonna split!
Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment