Monday, March 14, 2011

6 of 2

Well my second transfer in Huntington has now come to an end. It looks like I’ll be here for another 6 weeks. That leaves me with 12 weeks after that until the end.... :S

My prediction is that I leave Huntington after this next 6 weeks and then end my mission somewhere else (hopefully the city) for my last 12 weeks. Elder woodland thinks I’ll just finish here though and probably end by training.

Btw, elder Clement is leaving us... :( we are all very sad. President told us though that he wont be going to far away, so maybe he'll still be in the zone. Elder Clement is getting replaced by a Greenie. So Woodland will be training. That means we will have a new missionary in the pad. I want him to remember me for the rest of his life... ha-ha... so I’m going to do crazy things to him.... nothing bad, don't worry about that. :) Ha-ha. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tito is still strong! He is doing really well and still coming to church on his own. He remembers all the doctrines we teach him and is starting to ask some pretty deep questions all on his own. Its really cool cause he says his mind is more clear than it has been in a really long time. Also, he is defending his beliefs where ever he goes he seems to tell us every time we see him about how he was challenged by someone or asked a moral or religious question. The best part is that when we ask him what he told them, he always gives the right answer! Ha-ha. then I ask, "have you been studying" or "when did you learn that" and he either responds, "I learned it from you guys" or "I learned it at church" or "I read it in a book somewhere" Ha-ha

We had 4 investigators at Church! Woot! A former named Kai brought her sister to Church and said they would come back next week too! I explained how the meetings go before church started cause they were the first ones there. Most people showed up last minute, probably because of Day light savings time. Then I explained what the sacrament was in response they said to themselves but loud enough that I heard, "oh Ii'm not baptized" and a little later I asked where they normally go to church and they told me they weren't raised any particular way and that they haven't been to a church in a really long time. Kai wanted to stay for class but her sister Lakeema didn't. But like I said, they'll be back next week. I think that they will come to church every week if we just remind them on Saturday.

The other two at church attended the YSA branch in Plainview, but because they are our investigators they count on our numbers. Ben Scott attended the whole of all 3 meetings and stayed for munch and mingle. He wants us to come over 2 to 3 times a week to teach him all we know. We made it clear to him this is not bible study. The other who came was a guy named Scott who lives in our area and is a friend of Ira Greenbay (just like Ben)... so Ira is not only a drumming machine but a great member missionary! Woot, way to go Ira. Well I’ll let you know how their progress is later! :)

Other than that I can't really remember what happened this week; just a lot of looking people up and trying to conserve our miles... ha-ha. Well, that’s all.

--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment