Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One O'dem Short-longs

This last week flew by yet.... seems so long ago.... if any of you know what that's like you have experience what I just deemed as a 'one o'dem short-longs'. You could probably refer to a number of time increments that way. Maybe like an hour of heavy lifting, or a 5 min wall sit. Sometimes a day is long but is over before you know it; awe the paradox of life and time.

Well to the important stuff.

Tito's baptism was pushed a week. He is having a hard time but is doing so well. I feel like he does I think. I am just struggling a long and often find myself beating on myself and feeling inadequate and just making the same old mistakes (its so frustrating) but really there is progress. Its like what the Ensign said about a baby walking to a parent with out-stretched arms (I think it was last month). The baby falls over a couple times on its way but it still makes its way. Although the baby falls the parent doesn't love the child less or think less of the baby, nor does the parent scold the child but utters only encouragement, "It’s OK, get up." :) come to mommy." Most of us learned to walk that way. God does the same for us now. Tito and I and all of us fall right on our face but our Father in Heaven and our Savior stand there with arms wide open calling us by name.

This week we exceeded last week’s number of lessons by 4. Elder Mitchell and I are raising the bar for Huntington and progress is still being made. Soon I hope for some real evidence of that progression, some crescendo if you will. :)

We get along quite well with our pad mates and the district all seems to be pushing the work forward.

We have many referrals media, member, and missionary. We have really narrowed down the branch list and are finding out who everyone is and whether or not they want contact. Because of our efforts in looking up Less Active members a surprising thing has happened. Our number of lessons with non-members have increased. Also we have found amazing part member families who are super nice, like Aaron and his wife Leah. I'll be talking more about them later (hopefully).

Well I don't have much more to say. However I will say that I learn and relearn every day these last few weeks that it doesn't matter how many times you read the book of Mormon, because each time it feels almost like a different book. Not only do you read stories you don't remember but you learn doctrines and receive revelations that you never have before, even by reading verses that you have read hundreds of times before! The mission is reading the BOM on a schedule together and I am loving it. It's a blessing to me in my life right now. I encourage you all to make sure you are reading and praying every day. Even 10 or 15 min is better than nothing.

OK, love you peeps. Chill out a'ight?!
Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment