Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Progress

Good news everyone! Tito is solid. He will be getting baptized on the 19th and confirmed on the 20th. He has really, really progressed. Many of his issues have diminished or disappeared. He has been doing well with not drinking coffee and is staying clean in all elements of his life to the best of his ability. He is excited and resolute about being baptized. In fact when he wasn't able to get a ride to church yesterday he walked! HE WALKED! Ha-ha. It really showed us that he is serious. He considers himself a part of the church already and invited one of the caretakers at his house to come to the baptism. Since he was first being taught until now his domineer has brightened his nerves have calmed, his understanding has expanded, his testimony has increased and he is altogether happier. The gospel works miracles. It transforms all of us who put in.

In other Good News, Jose and Marta got married. Jose was the investigator I set a marriage date with before I handed him over to the Spanish elders. The wedding was very nice and they both looked very nice. Jose is and Marta is beautiful. Jose is still frustrated that I don't come over anymore and thinks it’s because i don't like him. Ha-ha. I wanted to be over there really bad! Ha-ha. I'm pretty sure they will get baptized soon. Jose has a few concerns but Marta is ready when he is. I pray the Spanish elders listen to the spirit to know what they need to do and say to help Jose learn the doctrines he needs to know in order to progress and fully accept the gospel, or to have a testimony of Christ's modern day church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. :)

Elder Mitchell and I are starting to get things moving finally. We taught more lessons than have been taught in the English pool in a long while. We just seemed to be in the right place at the right time multiple times this week. We are getting more potentials and talking to more people. Much of success I feel is based off of our focus. As Elder Pearson says we get what we focus on consistently. If our focus is success and our attitude is positive and our outlook optimistic what thing can bring us down. God is on our side, we just got to remember this is his work (his mission) if we accept his will, he does all the work. We are the tools not the workers. If I am an ax and the lords work is a tree, I as an ax can decide i know what is best and beat the tree with my handle (thinking that's what I'm supposed to do) or I can let the Axeman (the lord) use me how I’m meant to be used and actually accomplish something, anyway. Ha-ha, funny analogy.

Ben Scott a new investigator is a cool guy. Wants to start his own church. Well... we're gonna show him he can help expand the already established true church of Christ and that he doesn't have to worry about making his own. His friend he grew up with Ira Greenbey (my friend since I served in Plainview YSA branch) is his next door neighbor. He will help us.

Sister Roseto a less active member we have been meeting with was inspired to share the gospel at a store and mentioned the Book of Mormon. Well the guy was interested and allowed us to meet with him. I'll tell you how that develops. But cool right!? Missionary work the way it should be! Member work! :)

I think my companion is itching to go... he asked me how much longer I’m gonna be about 5 min ago... so I'll leave it at that. I love you all! Thank you for your prayers I need 'em. Thanks for your love and support!

Love,
Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment