Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Slow Week 1

Well, basically all of our investigators have been dropped or baptized... we have like 1 that we are still meeting with occasionally that does not have a baptismal date. We tried to find more this week. It was slow because we didn't really have any sit down appointments. We were still able to get 10 other lessons and 6 less active lessons though. It’s really funny how some people respond to you when you knock on their door as opposed to some other way. There doesn't really seem to be one way that works for everyone (I mean that doesn't bug or frustrate them). Some people love it when you knock on their door, others feel awkward, others don't understand why you are knocking and others just want you to go jump off a bridge. You get the same response though from people who actually ask you to come to their homes... It’s odd to me when someone says, "Hey, I want a free media item. Here is my number and address." and then when you knock on the door and tell them you have the media item they wanted they say something like, "That person doesn't live here", or "I didn't order that! I don't know how you have my information", or "Are you Jehovah's Witnesses?", or "Get off my property". It doesn't matter. Even offering to help people rake their lawn or do their chores can get you the same responses. Ha-ha. It’s funny though, Talking to someone from a car is really interesting. Not usually fruitful but I've never had someone shoot me down when my comp and I approached them by rolling down the window and saying hey. The people behind you never like it, but the person you talk to usually is pretty happy or at least amused with what you said or asked.

I had my follow-up appointment with the doctor and my toe is healing nicely. Today it looks fairly normal. I haven't had any problems with my stomach so... It was just totally random. I guess it was the meds. I'll have to remember that med don't work none on me. Ha-ha. The new one is annoying though cause it’s a 4 times a day one. I'll tell you, its hard to be consistent with a 4 times a day medication! Maybe it’s just me...

Grace and Eugene are both fantastic still. Eugene amazes me. He did something with the church or church members every night this past week and he went to or watched every session of conference. He even went on splits with us. He kept asking us about marriage and dating! LOL! He has already been married he is 28 and has way more experience than us and we are two guys who are completely out of the social loop and are totally awkward! LOL I guess that just means that he trusts us and cause we know Mormon culture. We told him though we date the same way everyone else does after high school (within the bounds of the law of chastity of course). The singles ward is all over Eugene. Henry they guy who baptized Eugene is trying to set him up with a RM girl Named jenny. Ha-ha. I think Eugene is up for it! LOL Pretty funny, but cool too I guess.

Conference was awesome. Every conference I get more excited. Every conference I enjoy it more and appreciate it more. I only have one more conference left on my mission! Weird, I want to really stress to all of you how important conference is. I don't care if you are a member or not. If you watch conference (especially if you are looking for answers and doing it prayerfully) You will feel peace. You will feel comfort and joy. You will learn things that will help your family become more united and strong. Watching it will give you a strength and a light you can only get from conference; so please watch every session! i used to think it was good enough to just watch Sunday and if you fell asleep it was no big deal. But Saturday usually ends up being my favorite session! Ha-ha and every message has something for me to learn.

I don't know what else to say really. Its getting colder now. Its rainy today and should be for the next few days. There still really aren't any trees that have changed color. Only a few trees have started. But pumpkin patches and are selling pumpkins now! Ha-ha! I love pumpkins! I LOVE THEM! PUMPKINS ROCK!

I looked for razor heads in the store. Guess what? The ones that go to my razor are $23! can you believe that! Holy cow! That’s expensive. So I am just gonna reuse the old blades until I figure something out. Ha-ha.

Thanks Mom for the package and dad for the letter! I loved them. Dad you just have a way with words. I love your word choice and the messages you have for me. I love your letters so much. Thanks sister A for your letter! I enjoy hearing about all my fellow scouts and the new changes in alpine! I'm glad my letter and pics worked out well for you. :)
love
--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment