Monday, October 11, 2010

Flat Stanley

Noah sent me Flat Stanley in the mail this week. He is going around with us everywhere so we can take pictures so I can send him back to Noah's school. Well I was dumb... On Saturday we went to Manhattan for a temple trip! Yeah, woot! ‘Cause Grace got a recommend and we took her with other ward members for her first time! It was wonderful! but silly me.... I left Stanley.... :( I could have had Manhattan shots with Stanley for Noah! That would have been so-o-o-o-o-o coo-o-ol! Oh well.... maybe I'll photoshop one! Ha-ha. I at least got some good shots with him at a lighthouse! So that will be good.

Well, I caught a cold this week. But I'll tell you I love miracles. Saturday when I woke up to go to the temple I felt terrible!!!!! I had a horrible headache and didn't sleep at all the night before and snot was everywhere..... I prayed, took a shower, took two Excedrin, and by the time we got to the church to meet The Bryants (our correlator and his wife) and Grace for carpooling purposes, I was totally clear! Ha-ha! The lord will sustain you when you do his work and when your intentions are pure and righteous. Well... I felt super weird like I had a caffeine rush and my blood sugar was way low cause I didn't eat breakfast... but I felt good. I felt the spirit and we had a good time and we knew what we did helped the lord and many, many people waiting for their work on the other side. I love the temple. I was able to get baptized and it felt great! I haven't been submersed in water for a long time.

Let’s see here..... We killed a lot of cockroaches. Is a mirror a normal place for roaches to be? also we did a lot of driving this week. This week was Kiser and my lowest numbers. We blame our lack of motivation on our colds... but realized that's not a great excuse and look forward to higher numbers this week.

I don't know what else to say.

I'm super excited right now ‘cause i get to go carve pumpkins for Zone activity right now! Ha-ha! Woot! I love pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns more than Elder Black! And Black is a funny guy!

Thanks for all your support. If you desire more faith then exercise it! Remember that faith is focusing on Christ and His atonement and our Heavenly Father and not on our trials or anything else. If we do what they ask of us despite what the outcome will be our faith will be strengthened. When you do righteous acts you will be blessed. Just like how my cold was temporarily taken away so that I could have a good temple trip. God may not remove our trials, but he will make a way for us to bear them. I love how simple the gospel is and how we can truly use our gospel knowledge to solve anything. Everything can point to Christ. We don't need complex solutions to all our complex problems. We need more simplicity... we need to slow down, Just like Elder Uchtdorf said.

Love,
--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

1 comment: