Monday, October 18, 2010

Racing Stripes

Last night Elder Ledbetter buzzed a line right up my right shin removing the hair. Now I have a cool and sleek looking racing stripe on my normally very harry leg. the contrast is stark. I look fast.

Good news: I got a letter from Nate and Kenzi this week. That made me happy. I also got to do a lot of service this week. This also made me happy. It’s in the 50's here now (finally) and the leaves are starting to change colors (finally). I love fall colors, so, this makes me happy.

Bad News: Elder Kiser and I kept our jack-o-lanterns inside so that we could enjoy them for ourselves for longer... well, they got moldy. Everyone else who put there pumpkins out side, there pumpkins are still firm and mold free. So we put our pumpkins out side, but they are shriveling up and getting pretty furry. LOL. This could be some kind of story base for an apostles talk at conference don't you think? It could be an analogy for talents or something, if you keep it to yourself and don't share it you lose it. If you put it out for everyone else to see and not for your own benefit it won't get moldy. LOL.

Better news: My toe is practically Normal now! It’s so weird. I lived with a wound so long I still favor that toe I guess you could say. It’s odd how when I touch something with my toe or bump my toe it doesn't hurt; it’s weird to look down and see a normal looking toe. As I type this to you I am stepping on my toe with my other shoe and it’s not sending shooting pain up my leg. It’s not used to pressure... weird, but not painful. Let this be a lesson to me and to all the rest of you. Take care of your problems. Living with your problems is a disease and a plague; whether it is physical or spiritual or mental or social. It’s like living with sin. I wonder if someone were to live with a bad habit or sin, like I did with my toe, if they would have behavioral problems; problems extending beyond the time the issue was resolved. You know what I am saying? Like, you are so used to living with guilt that even after you have changed your ways you still hold on to the guilt. When we touch a stove we recoil naturally because it’s hot and hurts, if we don't we cause serious problems; eventually you will damage that had to the point you will have terrible scars even after treatment. So, Again! Don't live in guilt or pain. Something I realized yesterday in the lesson on repentance in elders quorum was that the principles of Pain and of guilt are the same. its a warning system. if you ignore the warning system you can't expect things to end well.

Best News: Harold Ariza was finally confirmed a member of the Church and received the Holy Ghost yesterday! :D he seemed touched by the photo album we gave him with our pictures and all the notes people wrote for him at his baptism. We were so happy he came to church. We hope he realizes the effect it can have in his life. I pray he recognizes the difference in his life now that he has the Gift of The Holy Ghost. I love Harold. I hope That he will remember the great blessing that came with his confirmation and the wonderful blessings and protections promised to him if he is faithful.

Kiser and I are suffering the self inflicted neglect of not spending enough time finding last transfer. We have either Dropped or Baptized everyone in our pool and left our selves little to work with. This transfer we have been spending most of our time finding. Fortunately we have a few leads. There is a Former investigator we looked up and he has a whole family. So we will hopefully get something going with them tonight. :) Also, we will soon be able to start raking the leaves of random people’s houses soon! That will be good to show people we just want to help. Maybe they will be more willing to have religious conversation if they see how we have served them.

Also, something cool! Kiser and I made a cool contact a few weeks ago named Lon at pep boys when we were waiting for our state inspection. he is a very talkative and intelligent man who is retired. Well even though he was out of our area we paid him a visit and taught he and his wife. We left them a Book of Mormon. This week we gave them a call to see how things were going and they told us that Lon's brother had read the first half of the B.O.M. and is very impressed! So we will be going over there again with the elders who are in that area to introduce them so that some miracles can happen! :)

I've only got 6 min left of my email session cause the library was full today. I don't remember all what I wanted to say... but I hope you get something out of what I wrote. if nothing else a chuckle or a smile.
--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment