Monday, March 1, 2010

The Shortest Longest Week Ever

So, basically the last two transfers felt like one transfer. This last week felt like three weeks packed into the space of 3 days... so weird. I had a roller-coaster of emotions and to top off the whole week was the following:

1. Saturday I found out that I am getting transferred, Yup. So, tomorrow (Tuesday), I will be going to transfer meeting and finding out who my new companion is and where my new area is. I have a hunch I will be going to the island (which is what they call everything that’s on Long Island that is not Brooklyn or Queens). I am nervous, scared, excited, and happy. I am sad to leave Lim, I have grown a lot because of him and I have had the most fun with Lim.

2. Keaun was confirmed Sunday! :) Woot. I did the confirmation (my first confirmation for the living). It felt good. But that wasn't the only priesthood that was put to use Sunday. I asked Lim to give me a blessing during companion study. It was amazing, I felt so much better and I new what was said was from God, I know the council given to me is what will help me to be the missionary and person God wants me to be. The coolest part was that Lim said things in the blessing that are in my patriarchal blessing. And, to boot, Lim said he felt like the words were just coming as if he wasn't the one speaking. This is the true authority of God. I am thankful that my companion has been living righteously enough to have real power. The church is true! Just ask Keaun, he said "I FEEL GREAT!" when I asked him about how he felt after his confirmation.

So, we were supposed to have two baptisms Sunday as well. But there was crazy drama with our investigator, she has been going to the Jamaica ward instead of coming to Richmond Hill branch. When we told her she needs to come to our branch to be baptized she said basically, "If I can't go to Jamaica with my aunt then I won't go at all! YOU CAN"T FORCE ME TO GO TO YOUR CHURCH" then she hung up the phone. She called the MTC elders who have been talking with her and told them that she doesn't need the BoM any more, just bible study. :( Sad. I guess that means that she doesn't have a testimony that this is true; other wise this sort of thing would be insignificant. Any who, we told her to continue going with her aunt in Jamaica, but the plan is to ask her aunt to come to Richmond Hill with her to get her used to the branch. We shall see how that turns out. I won't be here to see it.

We followed the spirit the other night when EVERYTHING fell through, and found a lady on her porch by one of our Medias. Her name is Milla. She is Filipino (sp? Ph?). Anyway, we talked to her a half an hour and she confided in us about her husbands passing a year ago, and how she used to meet with the missionaries in the Philippines; so we gave her the BoM and gave her a card about the plan of salvation. We told her we would be coming Monday; so I will see her tonight probably. I hope she will see we bring truth and come to the fold because she is definitely prepared. Lim got along really well with her right from the beginning.

Well, I'll have to let you all know where I end up next week.

I hope everything is going well.

The weather here is silly. One day is hot, the next day we get a bunch of snow, the next day we drown in all the slush.... etc.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BJ AND BROTHER CHEVRIER! Sorry I forgot last week. :(
another thing I forgot last week was to say thank you to the Chevriers for the packages! You must have listened to the spirit cause I actually have 2 pairs of socks with holes. :) Thanks Amy for the letter! I haven't heard from you in a while. :)

Love Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment