Monday, March 29, 2010

If I Only had a Brain‏

Well, this week went really fast.

I feel like I am doing better with applying the atonement daily in my life. I really feel like its helping me to enjoy the journey and to learn while I do it. Plan for the future, learn from the past, and live in the present... :)

Well, we found some really cool people tracing... but one we cannot contact and the family when we came back for our return appointment said the cliche line "Sorry.... were Catholic." I'm happy for them because at least they seem to be dedicated and united. I was especially sad though when they told us that. Normally it doesn't affect me as greatly as it did to me this time. I was really disappointed. I let them know a little bit as we left; I told them that there were many, many blessings I knew that they could have through the right authority; but, as long as we put the ball in their court we don't have to be accountable for their decisions. I'm just sad they didn't recognize the opportunity they had.

We were able to go to the temple this week! Woot! Because we can only go once a transfer with a recent convert. So, we went with Umur. He is so awesome. That guy rocks! The Manhattan temple is pretty cool! I loved what I saw. Its crazy, Julliard and the Lincoln center were right across the street! In the temple you cannot hear the outside noise at all! :)
There was a down side to the trip though... When we got there I really, really needed to pee; so I asked a member and he said to try the second floor. So I went up there and found a bathroom pretty quick! The lights were off, so I assumed that just meant no one had been in that bathroom yet that day because it was still only around 9. So I turned on the light, used the bathroom, washed my hands and then dried my hands. Ok, so you know how after you dry your hands you try to push the paper towel in the can without touching the can-lid-flap or can? Well I tried that.... but the can-lid-flap had a super strong spring in it and I couldn't pull my hands out fast enough before it caught my middle finger. IT HURT SO-O BAD! It took a big chunk out of my finger and started bleeding a big drop! So I went to the desk on that floor to ask for a band aid and the lady got mad at me for using the bathroom on that level!! She told me "usually if the lights are off in a place you know you’re not supposed to go in there!" and she also said that the bathroom was not public and that I was on a "restricted floor", or something like that. HA! There were no signs saying anything like that! No one was using the bathroom, I didn't make a mess. Anyway... that was ridiculous. She acted like I deserved to get hurt. I suppose it was a holy bathroom and so God punished me for using it. Well, if I didn't deserve it for that, I deserved it for something else... or I am sure I will deserve it. Any way, after I put on the band-aid it kept bleeding and you could see all the blood through the band-aid. :S there was a lot.
Well, it was a good time anyway and Khang and I did LOTS of confirmations like at least 50 each. :)

Also this week i got pulled over by a cop. A girl cop pulled along side of us and Khang and I had just happened to be talking about cops so I pointed at her and said "hey, a cop." and smiled right when she looked over at us. I made eye contact with her. She looked really mad. I drove off cause the light turned green and she cut in front of the car behind us instead of turning right like she was going to and "Woo!" the lights went on... :( "WOW" I said, "did she really pull us over for that!". I asked "may I ask what the problem is officer?"... She hesitated and looked at the front of our car and said "your head light is out." I was surprised and said "oh... OK..." wondering if she would really ticket me for something like that just because I pointed at her. Well she asked for my Id and registration she saw that the registration said "the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints" I think cause then she asked "Who do you guys work for" I said "we are missionaries actually". She looked a little disappointing and little embarrassed and she smiled and gave me my license and said "Ok, have a good night fellas. Drive safe." I didn't believe that our light was really out at first but it was. But she wasn't going to pull us over until she looked at us and shook her head. It’s pretty sad, all I was doing was what a cop told me to do in first grade "If you ever see a cop, stick out your thumb and say 'hey Mr. Cop dude!' and smile!". Do you remember that Nate?

Well, thanks for your prayers and love and letters.
Love, Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment