Thursday, September 2, 2010

SPIDERS!

‏I live in the forest. It’s starting to be fall. Bugs don't like to be cold I guess, so we gats them in our pad! Imagine Harry Potter 2 where the spiders are all leaving the castle and going to the forest in rewind. Ha-ha. I have killed a spider every night this week and sometimes two. They like to crawl on my bed. i woke up one morning with spider webs all over me. One night I felt a tickle and looked and saw nothing. Then again it happened so I brushed my arm. Then again so I got up and looked down at my blanket and rrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee!!!!! a quarter sized red scary spider looking for a place to lay its babies! So I killed it with a stop and shop receipt! I'm glad i didn't ignore it the third time otherwise I would have baby spiders in my brain spinning webs and feeding off my blood and controlling my actions like some sort of symbiotic relationship! NO WAY HOSE A! Elder Mitchell woke up with spider bites on his arm and head.

I forgot to tell you last week but we went to a Greek festival! It was way fun! My companion talked to people in Greek and we toured the Greek Orthodox church. They were nicer to us then I was expecting (probably cause my comp could talk to them and because we are so attractive and pleasant. :D) We saw fireworks, oh man.... I was so over due for fireworks! Man! And we ate lamb gyros! YUM! My companion is like Kyle Erik BJ, Todd and Mclean all combined. Not a lot of Nate though. But it was way fun. It’s like how Kyle and I used to run around all crazy! We work hard too though don't worry about that! We are way united and we defend each other well. He has a great testimony and an open and accepting mind. He tends to fight a lot with another elder we live with but for the most part its all fine (cause they like each other they just annoy each other sometimes.)

Also last week I saw the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. No exaggeration. I'm so sad cause I didn't have my camera. It was at a place called Old Field Point. Its right on the north shore of our area in a place called Old Field. It has a really rocky shore and across the sound you can see Connecticut. We watched the sun set and then at the end when the sun was down the water looked purple and the sky was still amazing. Then as it darkened up a boat caught a fish and they screamed and yelled triumphantly. It was such a great moment.

For P-day last week after I emailed all you peeps we went on a road trip! Woot! We drove all the way out to the North Fork of Long Island (the furthest out you can drive) it’s called Orient Point! It has a way cool light house that looks all oriental but with a main twist. Ha-ha. its out in the middle of the water where the long Island sound meets the ocean! so the waves crash into each other and have created a big sand bar, so you can walk out into the water and It looks like you are walking on the water! There was a fisherman out in the middle when we were there and it was super windy and overcast! It was way cool and way fun! I collected rocks and shells. We also saw a few other light houses along the way. Plus we found the first submarine base! Totally by accident! It was way cool. I got pictures. Light houses are great!
Suffolk county looks like a mix between pictures I’ve seen of towns in Main by the shore and Idaho, but then add a bunch of vineyards like you would see in Bakersfield. Ha-ha. It’s full of quaint little towns that remind me of crested butte in a way. I love it, I have a desire to live here... but I imagine it would be hard as a saint because the church would be so far away and there are no mountains.

Well, Harold came to church yesterday! it was way awesome. We had to cancel his baptismal date because he didn't make it to church last week and we were not able to get in contact with him because he is shooting his thesis for his film graduate degree. he is way cool and really truly has the desire to come to church and be baptized. he is great! our plan is to meet with him in his spare time (he said he would call us if he got any) and before church every Sunday! Cause he is good about coming to church. He went consistently in queens and only missed last week since I've been here. He enjoyed church it seemed to me and the ward was very good about fellowship-ing him. Every one talked to him and he looked happy. No one understood him though when he would say his name! Ha-ha. He says it with a think Colombian accent and with his slight lisp and he kinda looks away when he says it! Ha-ha. So he ends up telling people like 3 or 4 times and then we have to say "his name is Harold!" ha-ha.

Judy Dollard is doing much better! When we ask her how she is doing she says "ok" instead of "terrible, just terrible" now! Her prayers are much, much more optimistic. Instead of praying about all her problems and trials and asking to have her trials removed she prays for the outcome and strength and comfort. Her countenance is brighter and she is taking the time to put on her makeup and things like that now. She seems more youthful and is really enjoying the fellowship of the sisters. We got her to go to enrichment night instead of worrying sick and not getting anything done on her deposition like she usually does. We are helping her to understand her beliefs are not catholic doctrines and that she really did live before this life as a spirit with heavenly Father.

One of our investigators Fransisco got wasted last Saturday and so the parents had to pick him up from his friends instead of going to church so the whole family missed. Carlos (11), Chris (7), Stephanie (9), Fransisco (20) and the parents Patricio (40's) and Marisol (less active member). They missed yesterday to our great disappointment and wouldn't let Fransisco drive himself and the kids to church. Next week they are going on vacation! so they aren't getting to church! :( but we have had awesome lessons with the family. Lessons where we told Patricio he could hold the Priesthood of God to bless his family and lead them and Marisol really bore her desires of having the priesthood in her home. Patricio was excited when we told him he could be the one to baptize his children but he said some mumble of an excuse when we invited him to be baptized. But the kids Stephanie and Carlos are still on schedule for September 19th. hopefully they will start to get to church soon!!!

The other elders got t-boned yesterday before church! They are totally fine but we watched it from our review mirror! it was nuts just a few seconds sooner and i would have been our car! So there goes a brand new Subaru. It was whack, the guy claimed he couldn't stop and that the breaks were recently fixed but we heard screeching tires; plus the guy was out of it! he looked super tired and said he had just worked a night shift.

I can’t think of what else to type. So, Peace! Read your scriptures and do your best to Love!
--
-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment