Monday, August 23, 2010

Longwood

LOL. So the Library I am at right now is the Longwood public library. Ha-ha.

Ok, well here I am back out on Lon Guylan (long Island). I am in a place called Terryville. its in Suffolk county, so I am way out now. The place we live is in the middle of the forest! Ha-ha. It’s crazy how many trees there are. There are a lot of bugs and there are actually things like dirt and rocks... it’s weird. I still act like I’m in the city but I’m definitely not! One example, stopping when the light changes and being able to turn right on a red is a weird adjustment. Ha-ha.

My new companion is named Elder Benjamin B. Kiser. He is from Toole, Ut. (I forgot how to spell 2-ill-uh) He was supposed to go to Greece on his mission but his visa was denied so now he is here for good. he was in the MTC for 3 months! Ha-ha. So even though He hits his 6 month mark soon he is only on his 3rd transfer. :D ha-ha. It’s cool cause he can speak Greek! Neat right! he has taught me a bit of it too. In a way I’m his step pops but... he was with Elder Edwards for the last 2 weeks because Elder Teixiera his last comp when home a little early (cause his visa had expired, and his parents picked him up). If you remember Elder Edwards was the Elder I midnighted from ENY last transfer. All those trips to Terryville and all along I had no Idea that I would be living there. Ha-ha. I came here like 5 or 6 times. Ha-ha. Elder Kiser is of German heritage and looks it. He has quite the George Washington Profile but his eyes look like all the pictures you see of Germans and. He is a lot like me. We immediately got along and are already friends. He quotes Salad fingers and rejected cartoons and talks in different voices and says crazy random things and bottles up all his anger just like me! He loves movies and film (and knows more than I do) he is super funny and fun but obedient and hard working. He is exactly what I was hoping for. He has one down side though, kind of like elder Lim, he won’t let me buy stuff for him, and he insists on paying me back if I do. Oh well. I’ll have to find a different way to serve him.

Ok, a little about the area. We have an amazing pool right now, but we have some struggles finding. So things are great now but once these people are baptized or dropped we won't have a great pool. But right now it's fantastic. We had a baptism yesterday. His name is Wayne Duncan. He is solid. I look forward to teach him the lessons again now that he is a member. He had some struggles with smoking and coffee so we are praying hard he can resist temptation until he gets the gift of the Holy Ghost next week; and after too. :)

We also teach a family called the Claros'. They are fantastic. We taught them as a family for the first time my first or second night. The dad and the oldest son (who in the past have not been as open) were more open. The oldest son Fransisco said the closing prayer and it was obvious that the lesson had gotten to him. He said one of the most sincere and heartfelt prayers i have ever heard and it made elder Kiser cry. The spirit was really strong. When he finished the prayer he said "I really felt something just then. I haven’t felt that before." and we told him that was the spirit and then he told us that he wanted to be baptized. So Kiser said ok but you have to come to church. so he said he would. The two younger kids have dates for September and he will be baptized with them. The Goal now is to help the dad join the rest of the family (the mom is already a member).

If you remember last transfer how Elder Vargas and Saeyang were going to hand over their investigator Harold to us but then he moved out to long Island? Well you guessed it I am now the missionary who covers where he moved into. So I guess its fate. We taught him the other day and he had not heard about all the things we were telling him about the plan of salvation. So I was inspired to have us kneel down and have him pray. he did. He prayed about how he was nervous and how he wanted to know if this was true and if the church was true. Then he paused for a long while and his tone changed. After that he basically bore his testimony to God that what we told him was true and that the church was true. After that Kiser invited him to be baptized in September. His reply was "can't I be baptized in August!?" so we said yes. Ha-ha. Unfortunately he jewked us this morning and didn't make it to church earlier because he had to pick up a friend from the airport unexpectedly. So we will have to push his baptism. He is way cool though. He is a film student and he was excited to hear about our interest in film as well. He was excited Mom and Rach and Hilly were all movie makers too (or have been).

I don't have much time but I'll say a few more words. I'm back to Library computers and Laundromats... I’s weird but fine; also I am driving a small car now... that’s odd after being in a van in the city. Um, I live with 2 other companionships, so there are 6 of us total. I live with Elder Ledbetter again! I’m so excited I love him. He is our Zone leader along with an Elder Eaton. The other companionship is elder Edwards and elder Mitchell.

I am out of time sorry. But I am happy and well, even though a spider was in my bed last night. Ha-ha. Gross. :(

-Elder Samuel Austin Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment