Monday, April 12, 2010

Wake Up with the King‏

Today I had BK for breakfast. Hence the subject.

Ok, well, this week was pretty good for us! We had 20 lessons, which is a lot easier in the city than it is in Plainview, especially because there are mostly Jews here. This week we had some really awesome things happen.

1. We were able to find the investigator home that we found tracting, Nelta. We taught her the plan of salvation. She wasn't getting it, so it kinda took a while. She said she might come to church, but she didn't. Which was sad, but at least we have a return appointment with her.

2. We got a media referral! Ha-ha! Woot! And guess what?! It’s a family! Ha-ha. The parents aren't married of course but I think what’s keeping them from marriage is the financial issue. So when we offer a free church and a free minister!... I'm sure they will jump on that. :) They really have trusted us with their emotions and beliefs. They tell us that they can tell things are happening in their lives that are changing them; they feel like God is pulling them out of a pit. We have been able to keep daily contact with them and our lessons are short with them, so fortunately they are used to us stopping by frequently for short periods of time! YES PMG Style Yo! That’s the way I like it! I have great hope they will get baptized and enjoy the gifts of the gospel. :D

3. Transfer calls came, Elder Khang and I are together for at least 6 more weeks. He will most likely die in Plainview ‘cause getting transferred to a new area for your last transfer is not very common. However it does happen. Actually Elder Lim, my last comp is now on his last transfer and he is getting transferred to where I was born, Bushwick! Funny, huh. So, it’s very possible that I could be in Plainview for another 12 weeks. ‘Cause they wouldn't blind us out, since I am killing Elder Khang. Anything is possible though. :) Those are just predictions. BTW, Killing=being a missionaries last companion. :D don't go calling the cops! Ha-ha. Blinded out=both missionaries leaving an area at the same time.

4. It was windy and rainy a couple of times but mostly it is definitely spring. Spring has sprung. It’s warm. We don't wear our jackets anymore until October. (For me that is good and bad. cause I like the whole suit.) I actually was sweating when we went tracting the other day.

I don't know what else to say. I got a letter from Kyle and from Erik's family and from Kenzi, and from Noah so that was way cool. :)

Well, I am doing well... I'm trying hard to do what the Lord wants me to. Thanks for your prayers and love and support.

Love Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment