Monday, October 26, 2009

Stockholm Syndrome

So, it’s true. I found out last night, I am leaving Bushwick. Dun-da-dun-dun-dun-n-n! It will be nice to have a change of pace, and I know the lord only would call me to another area if he knew it was best for me and the people I will serve. So please pray for me to be strong as I make this change. Before my mission I always thought that you could put me anywhere in the world and I could be just fine with just myself and what ever you gave me. But being on a mission has showed me I am not that person. I am very much the person who likes to stay in one place. I get very stressed out with moving and changing my scenery and the people I am with. It’s very hard for me, I didn't know I was that way. It explains why I was home sick at 5th grade summer camp. Ha-ha. (Nate and BJ will know what I mean. Clear Creak ha-ha.)
Also, I could use prayers for whomever my new comp will be, that my old comp will have strength to finish his last 6 weeks! Thanks. :)

So, I don't know if any one will get my subject line if I don't explain it. It’s a pun. The street I have been living on, the place with the nice pad is called Stockholm. And I think most of you are familiar with the psychology term "Stockholm Syndrome" which refers to learning to like the person who kidnapped you and you don't want to leave them. Ha-ha... well... I let you figure out the rest. They say a joke you have to explain isn't funny... so... I guess that’s why I’m not gonna be a stand up comedian.

Ok well.

I wasn't for sure about if I was going to leave or not until last night. So I really wasn't able so say goodbye to anyone; which was sad. None of our investigators came to church sadly... so... :( the worst part is that Kelvin our recent convert was supposed to get the priesthood and he didn't show or answer his phone... I hope something came up, instead of him being scared or something.

We officially dropped both Shakora and Brittany... yet we told Brittany I was leaving so she promised she would come to church so we could take pictures and stuff... but guess what?

So thank you all for your advice. I think you are right; it was amazing to start with literally no pool, and turn it into a baptism and an excited ward. Hopefully Orr can make it even better with his new companion before he leaves.

Well I have to go now. So I'll let you all know what happens to me in the week to come next Monday!

Love Elder Morris

PS
Have you, Nate and MeClean, and Josh, gotten my letters? I wrote you but still haven't received any reply. It’s been a long time. :( I sent pictures and everything... I hope my mail didn't get lost. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment