Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A New Pad

Elder Sam Morris email September 28, 2009

This week we moved. The new place is very, very nice! It’s probably the nicest pad in the mission now... well at least the zone. It’s by two schools and in a nice neighborhood. It’s really close to the train which makes things nice. Unfortunately it’s not very close to a supermarket. But the library is right next to it! (Sorry about spelling, I’m in a rush and I’m not a good speller. you know what I mean though.)

This morning I cut my hair. Ha ha. I left the top again but cut the back and sides, cleaned up around my ears and my neck. It’s starting to look a little emo! lol. :) I'm excited. I will part it when I am out in public, so it will just look like a very clean hair cut with a part, kind of early 50's looking! I’m just glad the sides aren't poufy now, I’m sick of having a 5 year old's hair cut! lol. It really doesn't help my cause of people thinking I’m 13. I'm considering asking pres if he will let me grow a mustache so people will quit interrupting my testimonies to ask how old I am!

So I have had 2 or 3 people at church ask if I was giving the lesson and when I said no, they were disappointed and said, "Oh, ok, that’s ok. Maybe next time." lol. It made me feel pretty good.

on Saturday (I’m kinda going in reverse order here! lol) we went to our investigator Kelvin's house. Last time we showed him the Testaments. So when we walked in and said a prayer and were about to get into lesson 3 he said "so, last time you showed me one of your favorite movies so now I want to show you one of my favorites!" we couldn't turn him down! it was like if we did we would offend him! he said "its kind of about the same subject as the one you showed me!" he showed us the cover as he put in the movie and started it, "The Robe" with Richard Burton. lol. It was 2 hrs and 15ish minutes! wow. Ha ha. it was good though. kind of like Ben Hur or the Ten commandments. Only it was about the Tribune (roman soldier) who crucified Jesus and gambled for his robe. He turns into a Christian; it’s worth seeing. :)

On Friday we had a CDM. It was good, I took a lot of notes for the workshop "faith in place of doubt" it was good. I will send them home maybe... some main thoughts I liked were "Actions Speak Louder Than Words", "Faith is a principal of action and power", "If you think you cant, you won't", "be like Nephi and say 'I don't know how its gonna work, but God does' and then do it!" and the last one "how many Major blessings are we missing out on by not following the little small/'stupid' rules. Like the story of Naaman and Elijah"

On Thursday I realized a lot of little black girls wear. I organized my desk.

This week we were going to go to a potentials house. I said that we should call to see if she was even home so we didn't waste time going over if she wasn't even interested/at home. Elder Orr said that we should just go over anyway. I said ok. so we headed over there. We didn't even get to where we were heading, but on the way a lady stopped us and told us that the spirit told her to ask us for a bible! Wow! While she talked to us she said that the spirit was there while we talked to her! Can you believe it? If we would have done what I said we would have never met this lady. The lesson I learned from this was be in the right place at the right time. Don’t get lazy with the work with your cell phone and such. Just go forward in Faith and God will pave the way!

Tuesday and Wednesday were basically packing cleaning and moving. so nothing really to talk about. Only, we stacked a bunch of mattresses princess and the pea style! And I got pictures of Elder Haggard jumping through the air like superman on to them! Cool. I swept up a dead mouse that was by where I was sleeping and I didn't even know it! >:P Also, I swept up a lot of rat poo. I found like 30 ties! so I sprayed Fabreeze on them and numbered them in the order that you could sew them together into a skirt! Cool huh! I'm gonna send them to kitty! It could be pretty cool. :)

So I didn't get much time to practice violin this week.... but last week I was able to play a d major scale and place a few songs sight reading from the hymn book! :)

This week I was able to play the piano! Woot! and I was feeling very creative because I had just talked to a 6 foot 10 guy (no joke) who talked to me about creative energy and love and how man a woman were once one spirit creation and then God separated them into male and female (kind of like how he did with our physical bodies) and that’s why when we are united in with our spouse their is love! Because love is created from the energy made from reuniting those spirit creations in the flesh! And a whole lot of other crazy stuff I didn't understand fully! He had a very, very progressive way of speaking! he would change subjects with no notification of doing so! lol. He had a very, very positive energy about him! His aura must have been 12 feet in radius! It was like a sci-fi movie! I turned around and boom he was there talking to me about the most cosmic of subjects in the most advanced of ways. He truly was the perfect example of someone operating on a separate plane of existence, reality, and mindset. I practically had a paradigm switch just listening. They way I felt around Him was nice, I felt expanded... anyway. With that way of feeling and playing the piano, I was kind of on a spiritual high. Unfortunately it didn't last the whole week. I wish I knew the way to get myself to feel like that in my own personal study; any way, I should probably go.

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Really truly, I am trying my best; but I need extra prayers right now... is that cool? Thanks
Love Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment