Monday, September 7, 2009

Going into 6 Weeks Ya All

Hi Everyone,

That’s funny that the leaves are changing by the house but not in the mountains... ha ha. How is Ditto?

This week has been a roller coaster. We haven't had very good luck with finding people and we haven't had much luck with getting our investigators to church. But, Brittany got committed for baptism! she didn't come to church so we will have to push the date one week, but that just means we get more of a chance of committing her brother David for the same Day, which would rock! They are so cool. I could see the whole family being baptized.

So there is only one more week until my 1st transfer is over! Crazy. There are 17 transfers total me thinks for English missionaries.

This week we got junked a lot! We only had our appointments go through on some of them. All most all of them were like "um... Who are you?" and We were all like "wtf mate! We taught you the whole first lesson and you were very interested and now you don't know who we are?” other people were just like "umm... I don't know why I told you to come over today ‘cause I'm at work".

The people here are always working. Most people have 12 hr days every day which makes it weird that there are so many people out on the streets.

Fast Sunday was awesome; for some reason I just soaked everything up! To my surprise our small branch full of funny people had a great meeting. There were no breaks. The testimonies were much longer than at home, but they were good. I learned something good from each of them.

I have felt all sorts of weird ways this week in ways I can't explain. I haven't had much excitement or happiness. But I have experienced peace, and comfort.

Last night was my first bad night’s rest I have had. Its been a miracle that I have slept so well. Most of you know that I am a really light sleeper who needs the perfect circumstances to fall asleep. but not since I have been on my mission. The lord really has blessed me in this way. The other thing he has done for me is my dreams. I have had normal dreams! I have only had two nightmares on my mission so far. its refreshing to have dreams that don't weird me out or freak me out or gross me out! Surprisingly, even though last night was rough, I have plenty of energy to do the work today anyway.

That reminds me, today is not my p-day this week....... My companion bought tickets to the US Open on Wednesday (he got permission don't worry) so we had to move our p-day to Wednesday. Today has been a normal work day, only instead of personal study this morning we did laundry, and instead of 3 to 5, I am emailing. :) so I will have lots of time on p-day to have fun. Unfortunately today I will have less time to make dinner. But it is worth it. I feel a connection to you all when I write. It feels as though I am talking to you, but no one is replying.... lol…but then I get replies later! Its weird my memory likes to remember things that have been written to me as if you all have said them to me;its weird.

I think I’m starting to get used to all the trash and smells and grime. it doesn't bug me anymore to lean up against walls or use hand rails (don't worry I have Purell).

Some thing I discovered this week is that racism only exists because of people. That sounds like a dumb statement but 1. God is not racist 2. I don't even care about someone’s race until they point it out to me 3. Some people like to have justifications to act certain ways, they also want to blame their problems on something. 4. It only takes a hand full of people to perpetuate certain mentalities.

I don't know about you... but I don't want to be known for my race but for my actions. I don't want any special privileges because of my race. The only way we can all be equal is if we stop pointing out each others differences.

I really don't understand how race has anything to do with authority or the fact that God is our loving heavenly father or that Jesus Christ has bridged the gap of both spiritual and physical death for us.

Oh well. :) Some people frustrate me so much, yet I love everybody. I think I have been blessed with a certain amount of charity. Thankfully, otherwise some people here would have nice shiners. haha. Jk.

But seriously.

That’s all for now me thinks. I’m sorry if I didn't answer all your questions or tell many stories. :S

The church is true! No doubt about it! there is no denying it.

Love Elder S.A.M.

PS
things are really slow today, I think everyone left town or is sleeping so they can party hard tonight; also... I think a lot of people are over at the parade. Yeah weird huh! The islanders for some reason have adopted Labor Day as Heritage Day, so there are a lot of flags flying

1 comment: